28

Carlee

Walking into my house after a long day at my brothers office. I've never been so tired in my life, this child is draining me. I kept sneaking off to eat because my stomach growled every 10 seconds. Aubrey tried to send me home but I convinced him that I was okay knowing damn well I wanted to run out of there.

I placed my keys and purse on the table by the door and kicked off my Louboutin's. Heels never hurt this bad before. Flicking on the light, I was greeted by roses and a few bags.

A smirk appeared on my face as I picked up the vase and put the flowers up to my nose.

Taking the card from the side, I opened it to see what it said.

Giving you a reason to smile today
Chris

My smile grew bigger as I took the flowers into the kitchen to add more water. I placed them on my kitchen counter then went and grabbed the bags. Plopping down on the couch I pulled a box out of the first bag. I took the top off and there was a baby scrap book. "This is too adorable."

I opened it and he already had the first ultrasound picture in there. Honestly I wanted to cry.

Placing the book on the side of me I jogged upstairs to my bathroom. Reaching in the drawer under the sink I pulled out my pregnancy test. As soon as I found out about the baby I said I wanted a scrapbook. My mom has one for me and my siblings and they are so cute.

I took it back downstairs and put it in the spot they had for it.

This was kind of making me more excited.

I looked through the other bags and it was more stuff for me. I went to my purse and grabbed my phone then headed upstairs. I got out of these uncomfortable ass clothes, then cut on the tv.

Unlocking my phone, I went to Chris's contact and decided to FaceTime him. It rung a few times before connecting then his face popped up.

He looked so good and he was finally back at work!

"Hey fat head." I said.

He laughed. "Wassup."

"Thank you for the flowers and everything. I love the scrapbook."

"No problem."

"So you went back to work?"

"Yeah it just might be for a few days. I was kind of enjoying that time off."

"That's surprising."

"How was the first day at your brothers?"

"Hectic. I'm tired."

"I think you need to just relax."

"No I don't. I refuse to be pregnant and lazy."

"I don't want you to over work yourself though Carlee."

"I know and I won't."

"I miss you being around here though." He rubbed his growing beard.