Happy New Year [Multiple Characters]

Start from the beginning

"Crowe, what's up?" You questioned enthusiastically, discarding your bubbling champagne glass aside unattended for the meantime.

"Nyx needs you on the rooftop. He wanted to greet you a before midnight greeting." She responded back with an eye roll of her darkened hues, brushing back the loose strands of her messy hair. Still even on the last ticking hour of the last day of the year, the Kingsglaive members were still forced into those tight fitting uniforms reflecting the high security during this time of the year. Relaxation was not even a choice for those of the Kingsglaive.

"So, I hear you're becoming an official retainer of the Lucis palace." Crowe commented, sauntering out of the bustling ballroom where very few people lingered and conversed verbally.

"Yeah. I never knew they'd actually accept me." You responded back in disbelief.

"You'd be like one of us, except living under more calming, less chances of becoming daemon lunch type of lifestyle." You laughed quietly at her sarcastic comment.

"Yup. Who would have thought?" You inquired with a mild shrug, ending up at an elongated stairway swirling its way upward to the rooftop.

"Better not keep him waiting." She chimed softly with a teasing smile, striding away into another desolate corridor.

A quiet sigh emitted from your lips, taking steady steps up the spiral staircase soon reaching the rooftop where the moonlit sky lingered in the beyonds untouchable. Crackling of the fireworks frequently went off, vibrant colors illuminating all gleeful and memorable faces wandering about on the roof. You grinned a little beginning to increase your walking pace towards the familiar expression of the glaive standing guard alone beside the towering water capsule, where exotic fishes swam peacefully in.

"Hey Nyx, enjoying the eventful evening?" You asked him, examining his sturdy masculine figure with curious eyes.

"Well considering I was placed on guard duty once again unlike Crowe and Libertus- having the freedom to actually move- my evening has been going swell." Nyx answered with a smirk, hands still clasped behind his back retaining the signature stiff position of being the guard post.

"Crowe told me that you wanted to see me."

"Yeah. One last time before the new year I guess. Highly doubt anything new will happen in the new year." He responded, undoubtedly bored with the turn of his day.

"My bad. Guess the hero won't be able to spend his day relaxing will he?"

"No. Guess he won't be." Nyx responded back, replacing his infamous smirk with a gentle smile.

"f-n, come on! The countdown is starting!" Prompto exclaimed, stumbling over clumsily at the last steps of the stairwell reaching the rooftop along with the rest of his comrades.

The fireworks continued to blaze over your heads brightening in color and sound, people chanting simultaneously as the last minute of the year came to an end. Legends of these fireworks were specifically created for this day, a multitude of people describing how the fireworks had the mystical ability to grant wishes. A little childish to begin a new slate of new difficulties and trials of a new year, but one time wouldn't damage your conscience. One wish, to spend the remaining seconds with the one you admired most.

Noctis Lucis Caelum