Chapter 23

unedited

✳ Niall's P.O.V ✳

I looked at Louis guiltily. I just turned him into a vampire and he didn't even tell me does he want it or no. For fuck sake, I maybe ruined my best friends' life! I sat beside Louis on the couch and smiled sadly at him.

"What happened? And why is my head hurting like crazy?" He asked, rubbing his forehead gently.

"Um... I think you're tired, you didn't sleep well last night. I think that's the problem, you need to sleep more." I lied, not wanting to tell Louis the truth. I'm scared that he's gonna be angry.

"I didn't sleep last night?" Louis asked confused, raising his eyebrows.

"Nah. I think you didn't. But anyways, do you want me to make you some tea?" I changed the subject.

"No thank you, Ni, you don't need to babysit me, I will do it myself." After he said that, he stood up and headed towards the kitchen. I sighed and sat down on the couch, turning the TV on and thinking how I can tell Louis that I turned him into a vampire.

I know he won't ditch me, but I'm scared. He's the only person who understands me and I can't let him go that easily.

I heard something crashing. "Ni?" Louis quietly whisper-asked and if I wasn't a vampire, I wouldn't hear him.

I stood up and quickly came into the kitchen. In the kitchen I saw Louis' back, his face facing the counter. Also I saw glass shattered on the floor. 

"What happened, Lou?" I asked calmly, waiting for him to face me.

It would be better if he didn't.

He looked shocked and his hand was clutching onto his other arm. "Why am I healing?" He asked, his voice so quiet.

"Lou, I'm sorry I really am, it was a mistake and I couldn't stop and then- You were dead and after some time, you woke up and-" 

"I became a vampire." Realization hit him pretty hard. His mouth opened agape and his eyes widened.

"I swear Lou I didn't meant to do that I just got carried away and-" He cuts my rambling off.

"But you did Niall! I didn't told you I want to become a vampire! Now how the hell am I supposed to face other boys? How the hell am I going to explain why I heal very fast and why does Sun almost kill me?!" Louis shouted.

I sighed. "The Sun won't kill you if you learn how to control yourself. The boys won't find out if you don't hurt yourself in front of them, of course."

"And what?! Every time I'm with them, I need to be careful not to do something stupid, get hurt or cut?!" After I stayed quiet, he shook his head and sighed. "I understand you didn't mean to you that, but Ni this is really shocking to me. I mean, I was okay with you being a vampire and was supportive and still am, because you're my best friend, but I don't know if I'll be brave as you were." Louis looked down at the floor.

I made a movement with my head towards the glass and they 'magically' cleaned itself. Louis looked shocked at me and looked down at my hand. "How the hell did you do that?!" He asked.

"Just a new thing I've learned." I shrugged.

"Will you promise you will help me learn and not leave me alone through this?" Louis asked quietly.

"I promise, Lou." I smiled.

Louis smiled back and tried with his hand to move something on the kitchen table. "Nah-ah-ah," I chuckled. "Only the Originals can do that. And I'm a Original, so that's my one up."