Chapter 9

⏩ Niall's P.O.V ⏪

The loud banging on my door in the middle of the night woke me up. I groaned and pulled off of me the sheets and made my way downstairs towards the door. I opened the door and it revealed... Harry? 

His curly hair everywhere, his black jeans pulled up to the half of his stomach, his purple t-shirt falling out of his jeans, his pair of All Star dirty and all of dirt. His cheeks are flushed and it looks like he's been crying. But why?

"N-Niall..." He slurred and in that moment I knew something was wrong. So wrong.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"M-My parents told me they don't want me anymore around them... T-They also told me I'm the biggest failure in the world.. And that what I did to you is the most stupidest thing in the world." He explained.

Sure, his parents absolutely loved me, they always asked about my parents,about my life and about school. I always felt loved. When Harry and I broke up, well, when I broke up with him, they were furious. They yelled at Harry daily and I'm not the slightest surprised they would do something like this to him.

If I was mad, I would tell him to go to hell. But seeing him like this... It softens me? I don't know how to explain that. Nobody deserves something like this... Not even Harry.

Harry noticed my blank expression so he bumped into me and hugged me tightly. His arms around my waist, his head just bellow my neck. To say I'm shocked is agreement. I didn't know what do to with my arms, so I just let him fall at my sides. Harry started sobbing and I'm freaking out. What do I do?! 

"Harry..." I tried to remove his hands around my waist and to pull him away, but he didn't budge. He just hugged me even tighter.

"N-Niall, please." He whispered, sniffling a bit. "Hug me back, please, Ni." He tried desperately.

I nodded to myself and awkwardly wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I don't know what do to else, so I just stayed with him like that on my doorstep. When he calmed down a bit and his sobbing stopped, I pulled away.

"Just try to.." I tried to give him advice. "Ugh. Tell them I'm not mad. I was hurt but I'm not anymore. You're great guy and you deserve someone who will make you happy."

Harry sniffled. "D-Do you mind if I come in?"

I sighed. "I guess. Come in." I opened the door wider for him and stepped aside. He came in and I closed the door.

Harry looked around and noticed the pictures of me and my parents. What the most interested him, was the pictures of me and Zayn. He took one picture in his hand and looked closely. 

I coughed. "Want a coffee or something?"

Harry smiled. "Uh, yeah, please."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. I prepared the coffee and once it was done, I handed a mug to him. However, when he saw the mug, he immediately frowned. 

I raised my eyebrow and looked at the mug I gave him. 

Shit.

I gave him Zayn's mug! It was the mug with his picture on it; he smiling brightly at the camera while I took the picture.

"Um, ehm, I'm sorry for that.

Harry nodded. "Don't worry. He lives here?"

I mention towards the couch. He gets the message and sits down, I sit down beside him but far enough to give both of us enough space.