8

I grabbed my ukulele as I looked over the lyrics again, preparing myself to not screw up. Glancing up at josh, I became even more of a nervous reck as I saw that he was actually paying attention to me.

   I rested my arm on the curved part of the ukulele. "So, I usually play this on the piano or along with the actual opera song, but all of that stuff is in my basement and that's a huge mess so I'll just be playing it on the ukulele," I laughed lightly, but my nervousness took over it making the situation worse," also, I'm not really 'the best' at the ukulele, but it's easy and it sounds kinda nice for every song actually so I thought I'd give it a try with this song."

I stopped realizing that I was rambling.

"Sorry for rambling, I'm just a bit nervous," I said forcing myself to choke out a small laugh. "A bit nervous". I laughed knowing how much of a lie that was.

"It's ok, I don't care," Josh said laughing.

I strummed the first chord and could already feel my face flood red. "Sorry," I said closing my eyes.

"Like I said before, it's ok. I won't judge." A/N: ;)).

"You split, and take in every time you see a faking counterfeit, in the mirror you appear to see fear, and whisper 'this is it', in the mirror you appear to see nothing else but your face, a hollowed out space, Now leave me with the razor just in case I fall face down on the ground and somehow I found enough strength to lift my face and make a sound, and muffled though it may be, and crazy it seems, I've never felt closer to you just crying as you torture me." I ended realizing a tear stream down my face.

I was shaking like crazy.

Looking up at josh, I saw pure awe and amazement engraved into his face.

"So, that's just the first verse, I kinda figured it could be a rap because it was too many words to fit into a normal verse in a song. I know, it needs some few adjustments but I kinda like how it is at the moment, you know? Like I don't know but it kinda sounds raw with pure emotions and-" I got cut off my josh.

"Tyler, that was amazing. Enough said. Let's meet up again maybe next week at this time and maybe finish the song. How about we rehearse it three days every week so that we can have it perfect for the show. Does that sound alright to you?" He asked looking deeply into my eyes, with his eyes calming me down.

  "Y-yeah, yeah. That's sounds perfect!" I said starting to feel better.

  "Ok! Sounds like a plan! I'll talk to you later, I gotta get home and help out. Here's the homework by the way, just thought I should give it to you so that you wouldn't get behind!" He said handing me the folder.

  "Yeah, thanks," I said smiling.

  "Oh wait, I almost forgot! Here's my phone number if you need anything. See you tomorrow at school, bye!" He hades me a slip of paper with a phone number on it, and he walked out the door.

  Do I actually have a friend?

•••
A/N: so when I was writing this chapter and looking through the lyrics it just hit me sO HARD OMFG I JUST LEARNED A WHOOOLLLE NEW MEANING TO SOME OF THE LYRICS!! I REALLY SUGGEST THAT YOU JUST GO THROUGH AND READ THE LYRICS TO SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS SONGS BC IT CAN REALLY HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING TO THEM!! Ok, well bye!! Finally updated, for once haha..