4

Walking around the school, I tried to find my first class. It was supposed to be gym, which I thought was fun. I loved playing basketball and exercising.

I found the gym, and opened the door to the locker room. The class was over and it was break time. I saw Josh sitting down on a bench, looking through his stuff.

"Hey," I said smiling at seeing a familiar face.

"You have Gym first period too?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah, what do you have for next period?" I asked wondering if we had more classes together.

"Music. What about you?" He answered.

"Me too! Wow."

We discussed our classes, and we had all the same classes. It was weird because we just seemed to be brought together by God. He's a Christian just like me, and he was a beginning drummer. I told him I played the piano sometimes.  We just seemed to clique (A/N: yes I did).

I went to met my music teacher. She was in her 20's, and had long brown curly hair. She was pale as frick, and had bright blue sparkly eyeshadow with no eyeliner or mascara. I always wondered why female teachers were either super poor and had bad fashion and makeup, or super cool and pretty and nice.

I met the rest of my teachers, and my favorite was was Mr. Jury. He was my math teacher and he had scars from self harm on his arms. I was intrigued by his personality. He was quiet and observed the other students along with me. He sat behind his desk writing something down. He kept on looking up and down from the paper, leaving me curious of what he was doing. He scanned the other students like he was staring into their souls.

The bell had rang and the whole class got up and left. I stayed behind to talk to him.

"Hey," I said awkwardly.

"Hi mr. Joseph, how can I help you?" He asked politely.

"Um I was just wondering what you were doing. And I want to know you better."

"Ah, I see. Well right now I'm making a list of students and writing their personalities so I can find out who to pair with who so that the class won't be so wild." He said smiling.

"Smart." I said. That was a good idea. I liked him. He wasn't like the other teachers.

"Yeah, most teachers won't think to do that, and most students fail the year. But this way it will be easier to teach." He said.

"The thing is, is that you are different from the rest of the class. You seem calm and reserved, and like you don't care for 'wildness and action'. I like that about you." He said.

"Oh, wow thanks!" I said smiling. I knew I may not be wild, but I still have bad anxiety which makes my brain feel wild. But not in a good way.

"Well, you better see your next class before the day ends." He said setting his own down and smiling.

"Ok, it was nice meeting you. Have a nice day!" I said walking out the door and closing it.

I felt better about school now that I knew a teacher that didn't hate me. I knew Josh which had all the same classes, which was good because then I could follow him around and hey help from him.