3

"Tyler.. It's time to wake up." I heard my moms soft voice say. She shook my bed by sitting down on it.

I groaned, and sat up rubbing my eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's 6. You have to go to school to meet with the school therapist and the principal." She replied.

My stomach lurched, and my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked in denial. No I can't go back to school.

"Yeah. C'mon, get up." She said patting my back.

I stretched my sore arms, and closed my door. Sitting on my bed, and thinking about how I would cope with this new huge change in my life.

I took off my shirt to change, and I saw all the new cuts and scars on my stomach. They were long and deep, and almost reached side to side from my stomach.

Just leave me with the razor.. I thought. My parents didn't even care about my mental health. They didn't even care enough to check if I had been cutting recently.

I put on my skeleton hoodie, and a pair of black jeans with rips in them from being careless. I slipped on a pair of vans and tied them.

"Tyler, are you almost done?" I heard my mom say knocking on my door.

"Yeah." I reply, opening my door.

"Well let's go."

I closed my door and started walking down my steps.

"Did you eat anything today honey?" She asked.

"U-um.. Yeah." I lied. I just wasn't hungry, and I liked the feeling of being hungry for some reason.

"Ok good."

Unlocking the door, I opened the passenger door. I stepped in and turned on the radio.

A crappy pop song came on. I switched the channel until it came across a rockish sounding song.

I stared out my window watching my mom drive down the popular road that lead to the high school.

I saw the entrance and my stomach instantly tightened.

"Ok sweetie, do you have everything you need?" My mom asked pulling into the parking lot.

"Uh, yeah." I replied trying to focus on the good things.

But I couldn't, there wasn't any good things.

I opened the car door, and waved my mom goodbye. I started walking to the front doors, and I looked around. I saw used cigarettes squished on the ground, along with empty packets. The school smelled strongly of weed, which I remembered from previous years there.

The school had lots of druggies, and hipsters.

Opening one of the front door, my ears were filled with the sound of yelling teenagers, and  just loud noises in general. Luckily I brought my ipod so I could listen to music.

I walked around the school looking for the main office. I couldn't find it, so I decided to find someone who knew where it was.

Looking around at the immature teens, I spotted a boy who looked nice enough. He had brown hair and a nose and lip ring. He was one of the emos but he had a soft facial expression that made him seem approachable.

I started walking towards him and tried to think of what I could say to him that wouldn't be so awkward.

"Umm can you show me where the main office is?" Too awkward. It made me seem weak and easy to bully.