Chapter 47: First Kiss

Mulai dari awal

"Are you going to divorce?"

"Mr. Hank Carnegie told us you two were going to divorce!"

"Is the conspiracy between Vladimir and Mr. Carnegie true, did Vladimir Claiming pay Carnegie Hall for a few days with you?"

I felt sick. How disturbed must these people be to think any of that was true. Sure, I had no idea why Mr. Carnegie had chosen us when he knew our names would end up on the news. And why Vladimir agreed to be in there with me.

Maybe it was to destroy his son, but now we had put the devil behind bars. Hopefully forever.

"Don't listen to them Eleanor," Adam whispered, placing a soft kiss on my cheek as cameras flashed. The window was closed and tinted, there was no way these sick people could get photos of us.

Slowly, the driver turned onto the street as to not hit anyone.

Adam held tightly onto my hand, his grasp making me feel safe.

A few minutes later, the driver parked in front of Carnegie Hall. He waited a moment for Adam to quickly rush inside and come back.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he quickly slithered back into the vehicle, without speaking a single word.

"Are we going to an amusement park?" I asked.

"Mhm. " Adam smirked, a small hint of a laugh escaped his lips at my confusion.

Hours went by and I had fallen asleep repeatedly as the limo moved ever so slowly to wherever we were headed.

"Eleanor, we're here," Adam whispered, lacing his fingers between mine. My eyes widened in shock at the sight before me.

It was beautiful.

We were parked in front of a pier, decorated with beautiful flowers and lights.

Adam and I walked forward hand in hand as we made our way to the edge of the pier. We peeled off our shoes and let our feet flow in the water.

"Adam I. . ." He looked at me, as to silently tell me to shut up about the unborn monster inside me.

His eyes darkened with wanting, "I love you, Eleanor." He seemed to love saying those words, and I loved hearing them.

It was almost time for sunset and the temperature was beginning to cool down.

He leaned forward slowly, his lips hovering over mine as his hands wrapped around my waist.

I tried to lean in, but he backed away, instead, he began kissing my neck, and slowly bringing his lips further down. Tiny bursts of shivers stung the parts where his soft lips met my cold skin, quickly heating it up. We had been married for almost a year now.

He brought his lips back to my face, kissing my forehead slowly, then my chin, and before he could go to my cheeks, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him to me, unable to control myself.

I felt him smile against my lips as we kissed for what seemed like hours. Out of breath, we both pulled apart, his eyes were shining so brightly.

"I love you too." I couldn't hide the smile that covered my entire face as he leaned forward once again, this kiss seemed more urgent, needier. A small moan escaped my lips as Adam's body hovered over mine.

In the moment, we hadn't realized how quickly the sun had set or how close we were to the edge of the pier until the lights decorating the area turned on and we both fell in.

"Adam!" I shouted, grabbing for him in the icy water. "Adam, I called again!" I couldn't see him and the sun was almost completely gone, leaving only a minuscule slit of light.

Maybe he hadn't fallen, I looked up at the pier, he was nowhere in sight.

Something grabbed me and pulled me down into the water, I screamed loudly, but there was no one in sight. The water fought with me as I got pulled further below.

My gaping eyes stared at my foot, held in Adam's hand as I kicked his hand away and swam back to the top. As soon as his head popped out above the water, I splashed water in his laughing face.

"Asshole! You had me so worried!" I shouted as he continued to laugh at me. He tried to scoot closer, but I swam farther away angry at the fight he had put me through.

The sliver of light slowly faded away as he reached me and pulled me close. "I'm sorry." He said, a hint of laughter still in his voice, "you should've seen your face." He laughed. I couldn't stand him at this particular moment.

"Look, look, Eleanor, I'm sorry." He said, struggling to contain his laughter. I looked at him with forgiving eyes.

"Well, there's one thing you could do that would really make me forgive you," I smirked and a knowing smile appeared on his chiseled features.

***********
Chapter 48 is not available on wattpad (EXPLICIT CONTENT). But I hope chapter 49 clears up what you missed. It is available on Amazon kindle! Under the title "The Girl That Didn't Explode"