Chapter 37: Peachy Waves

"Keep up slow poke!" Adam chuckled as he ran around in the sand of the beach. We had driven for hours and finally decided to rest by going to a nearby beach. One that was nowhere near my parent's home.

"Adam wait up!" I complained, my sandals filling up with sand and making it impossible to run with all the excess weight.

"Catch up," He smirked, standing beside a small shack and smirking. The sun was so bright and it was already seven at night.

"Adam," I whined. Standing in place. He chuckled and ran to me. I watched the muscles of his arms and his bare chest move in a strenuous way that looked too sexy for my eyes to see. I shut my eyes to prevent any sexual thoughts from entering. I heard his steps approaching quickly as sand hit my leg and I was suddenly up in the air. Laughing as though it were the only thing I knew how to do.

I couldn't help but smile as he tossed me up and caught me like I weighed nothing.

"Adam watch out." I laughed as his foot stumbled over one of the many tree roots that connected to the forest of palm trees near the small shack.

We both screamed as we fell onto the soft sand, laughing so hard it felt like there was gas in the air.

My face was in the sand so I rolled over to realized he was trying to get up too. So I pulled him down.

It went like this for several minutes before I realized what we were doing. We never played around like this, and I loved it. It showed me the sweeter side of Adam Carnegie. I watched his every move and desired him like the world desires sun light.

"I love you." I blurted suddenly and all laughter went silent. He seemed to notice now that he was on top of me, so close that if he moved slightly, we would kiss.

His eyes filled with the same desire I recognized in my own eyes. The thing that had been in there for over six months now.

He took a deep breath before controlling himself and standing up.

I didn't know what love felt like but I had a feeling that this was it. He was what I thought of every morning when I woke up and every night when I went to sleep. He was who I went to in times of sadness and I needed him. In a way, he was a part of me, my heart, and I knew it would kill me if I were to ever lose him.

His frozen glance shifted into the greatest smile I had ever seen as he leaned a little further. "I love you too." And he sealed our lips together in a kiss of true bliss.

¤¤¤

It's not easy to lay your feelings down and not get something out of it. We loved each other. I loved him and he loved me. Which is why I don't understand why all I got was a kiss.

The sun was too bright this early in the morning. Our little shack was filled with holes and light entered from every direction. We had stayed the night in here, barely shaded by the tall palm trees around us for most of the night. Today we would continue our road trip.

I lay on the bed in my bathing suit annoyed of the hot weather. It was winter, I didn't understand why it was so hot in California. Adam had been gone for hours and I was lying wide awake since he left, waiting for his return.

I felt like something was missing in me, my happiness maybe, but I was an independent woman who didn't need Adam for anything but reproduction and love. I love Adam. We need each other now, for everything and for nothing in particular.

It sounds so odd to say that about anyone. I've never told anyone that I love them before.

The blazing sun seemed to enter the shack as the day got hotter. I had left my phone in the car. The worst part about this shack was that it didn't have a shower, so I was wet, sticky, and covered in the sand since yesterday's reveal. My emotions were all laid out there and in a way, it made me feel less like myself.