Chapter 30: Cruella Devíl

It has been two months, not just the one month Adam had promised me, but two. And we haven't talked at all since two weeks after the day he left. They do say distance makes the heart grow fonder.

But this kind of distance felt horrible. I had been married for five months and haven't even begun to enjoy it.

Up until now, I hadn't realized how perfect Adam actually was. Not just his body, but also his personality. He never makes mistakes, he never wrongs anyone. He never does anything bad.

Which is why I am seriously reconsidering his perfection right now as I watch him pound his fist into Christian Anderson's face on national television. I'm completely shocked.

That was so out of character for him. He always seemed so calm and thought through everything before he made any rash decisions. But this one seemed so unplanned that it happened on T.V.

I watched in fear, staring at his perfect body, wearing a fitted blue t-shirt and jeans and repeatedly punching bruises onto Christians face.

"Fucking asshole!" He yelled as Christian lay on the ground, too beaten up to fight back. I stared in shock, my heart rate rising quickly as I stared at the body I had been so obsessed with for many years lying unconscious on the ground.

It hurt me. Just a little. If I must admit.

I lived in Adam's bed.

I haven't moved from this house in New Jersey since I was in California. I even began cooking, with the help of Mattea of course.

I got so bored that I got into gardening, crocheting, and even reading. Something I had no interest in doing before I had all this free time. I stayed away from social media and the internet and any news article.

I didn't care anymore.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on the unmade bed I had just woken up from.

¤¤¤

"Eleanor. Eleanor. Eleanor! Wake up!" I slowly opened my eyes, one at a time. I couldn't believe my eyes. It must have been a dream. I shut them again and suddenly my eyes fluttered open.

"Adam?" I asked sleepily, yawning while contemplating whether to go back to sleep or not. "Where were you?" I yawned again, covering my mouth.

I stood up in my wide pajamas and sweater. The clothes seemed too comfortable for something I would wear on an everyday basis.

"That doesn't matter right now baby, I need you to meet someone." He smiled, I smiled back, his grin was contagious and beautiful and his voice was oh so sexy. I wiped my eyes, no longer caring if I was wearing no makeup in front of him or the fact that I hadn't washed my hair in almost two weeks. Nothing bothered me anymore. I probably smelled awful too.

I kept rubbing my eyes yet my vision remained blurry. We walked down the spiral staircase that was attached to the wall of giant portraits of us before I stopped mid-way. Sitting right below the giant chandelier was a red head who was curiously staring at Adam and me with fiery green eyes.

"Who is she" I whispered, turning my head to face Adam.

I was so confused. Maybe this was a dream, a nightmare possible. I braced myself for the moment Adam would tell me he was leaving me for her.

I wanted to ask him why he was fighting Christian earlier today, or yesterday, or even in my dreams. I had lost all track of time.

"Eleanor, please don't be mad but. . ." When he started the sentence that way, there was no denying that I would definitely be infuriated.