Chapter 15: Flinging Lost

I frantically picked up the phone, hoping so badly he'd tell me in his voice that he wasn't dead, that he was still alive.

"Hey, hot stuff." A repulsive voice rang through my ears as anger began boiling in my bones.

I pulled away from the phone for a second, feeling a hand touch my back. I turned to Adam, and then back to the phone.

"What do you want Christian. Why do you have Jase's phone?!" I shouted, biting the inside of my cheek as Adam stared at me wide-eyed. His hand trailed lower down my back, shivers tingles everywhere he touched.

"Look, he and I were driving, and there was a dog in the middle of the road so we swerved to the side and fell into a bridge. It's a good thing I'm okay because they could only save one person. I'm glad it was me." I could feel the words oozing out of him. I wanted to tear his ear out through the phone and tear him to pieces. How dare he say that about my brother.

"You fucking asshole!" I shouted, screaming at the top of my lungs and crying loudly, "you should've been the one who died!! What the heck! Why are you calling me!?" I yelled, a newfound hatred for Christian Anderson. My breath caught in my throat and for a minute, I thought I could just die from all the anger I felt toward this man.

"Calm down damn, I was just calling to tell you that I got his phone out of the water, it's fine now." I stared at the screen of my phone for what seemed like an hour. Was this jerk serious? He called to tell me my brother's phone is okay?

I hung up. Christian Anderson wasn't worth my time. I frantically began running my hands through my hair, a bad habit I'd developed from too much stress. I began walking back and forth pacing toward an empty parking lot. Maybe a car could come and run me over.

Then I could join Jase in heaven. I bit my cheek, biting back tears until the taste of blood filled my mouth. The reality of it all struck me. I shut my eyes, letting out a soft whimper as my knees buckled and I fell to the pavement.

Adam's arms were immediately around me, hugging me closely as he too sat on the ground beside me. I shut my eyes, crying without a chance of stopping.

"He's dead." I loudly proclaimed. I stood up, pushing away from Adam's arms as a newfound determination struck me.

I began rushing to the road when I heard soft footsteps behind me.

"Hey, Eleanor wait, chill!" Adam's arm was immediately around my waist. I turned to him, unable to control my impulses.

I was just born a bad girl.

"Chill?" I repeated. A small smile on my face, "your new slang?" I stepped closer, rubbing my body onto his. It seemed to have no effect on him. So I snuggled closer. There was maybe an inch of space between us. And I desperately needed to get my mind off of my brother.

"We need to get you to California." He whispered, taking a step closer. I felt my heart rate accelerate. My breathing became shallow and I suddenly felt shy.

"Maybe we should get you inside me first." I breathed a devilish smile on my face, trying hard to keep my composure.

"Yeah, maybe." He whispered. My heart began racing faster. If that was even possible, I felt like I might just have a heart attack. I leaned in, expecting him to kiss me. For once. After the kiss at the wedding, I don't think we've kissed since.

"No." He breathed. I grumpily stared at him. Our lips were centimeters apart but still, he wouldn't kiss me. What is wrong with this guy?!

"Kiss me," I commanded vehemently. I leaned in even further as we stood in the middle of the parking lot. I felt his arms wrap around my back and for once felt his heart racing. He was too cute. Too perfect as a matter of fact.

(MISSING BLURB)