Chapter 19: Only the Dead that can Live

Hey, Guys! New Cover!

Early Post this time, tried to make it long too! Make sure afterward you check out Greed! The picture of that book is posted above!

Also please don't forget to vote and comment. It's truly encouraging and also guys I don't know how many more chapters there will be because it seems like the story is just getting starting, bear with me!

Ha! Happy reading!

Oh yeah and let me know if you're tearing up because that tells me if I need to add more details. Sorry, it's been so sad these past few chapters, it'll get better, I promise! No, I'm not depressed.

******************************************

I stood in my black dress and six-inch heels, a black shawl covering my otherwise bare shoulders.

I glared at the blue eyes staring at me in the mirror. They had lost their glimmer, their beautiful shine was gone. I was no longer a butterfly, but rather, I was a moth.

I stood alone, staring at my closet mirror. Jase's familiar colored eyes looked back at me.

But Jase was dead and I would never see his smiling eyes again.

My eyes landed on a picture that I had kept on the wall, a picture of us when we were younger in our tree house in Florida. I smiled then my mood shifted to one of anger as I tossed my shawl on the floor and took off my high heels off, tossing them aside as well. I pulled the dress over my head, sitting on the ground pained and crying.

Life's not fair. The greatest people get the worst fates, meanwhile the awful people get a good life.

I grabbed a bottle of wine that I secretly hid inside one of my shoe boxes and began trying to drink away the pain, the sorrow, the sadness.

"Eleanor, are you done in there?" I heard a soft rap sounded on the closet door.

I didn't reply, not trusting my voice right now.

After a few more minutes of drinking, the bottle was empty. I groaned, angry that I only kept one bottle in there and shut my eyes, staring back at myself in the mirror. In only my bra and underwear.

I'm such a slut.

I groaned once again, tossing myself loosely around and onto the ground under my closet, almost completely hidden by my clothes. I heard the door open and a worried tension filled the air.

"Eleanor, where are . . . are you okay?" Adam asked, kneeling down beside me and talking to my feet, which were the only things that could be seen. I tried to sit up but ended up bumping my head on the hanger.

"I'm fine." I slurred, staring into Adam's sexy eyes. I was sick of being drunk. In fact, I was beginning to hate drinking. It was so easy for, I was such a light weight, there was no way I could drink an entire bottle in under ten minutes and not automatically feel the effects.

He seemed to pause or something for a second and then picked up the bottle of strong wine that I'd downed in under ten minutes. That was really bad.

"Did you drink all this?" He asked, staring at the label as I  shook my head furiously, shaking the clothes that were over my head.

"Nooo!" I elongated the 'o'.

"Well, who did then?" He seemed amused, I was such a child.

"Not me obviously," I replied. Adam's lip twitched in a small smile as I groaned, kicking the clothes above me.