Chapter 34: Mad World

"Aren't you cold? I get that you like to make sure we know what is your territory, but sleeping on the porch? Really Eleanor? That's too much." The snobby red head who had born the now-dead child of my husband said.

I opened my eyes slowly. Go away. Let me sleep.

"What time is it?" I mumbled. I sat up now, glancing at her.

"Time for you to get inside. Mattea made breakfast." Dang, it. She was already on a first name basis with the staff. I didn't know exactly how long she would be staying, but I hoped it wouldn't be too long.

"I will get breakfast when I want," I said, crossing my arms like an immature child. I only have a small amount of joy in me and when that runs out, watch out because I become worse than the devil. And it ran out 2 months ago.

"Suit yourself, more for me." She grinned, walking away from the front door and to the kitchen. I tilted my neck to the side, a stinging pain hit my body, I slept on it wrong and would deal with the consequences for the rest of the day. I got up and shut the door as I made my way to the couch.

I immediately felt even worse when Adam walked down the stairs in his suit, already dressed and ready for work.

"Good morning." He said, walking over to me and kissing my cheek. I felt stiff. I wouldn't dare to move. Instead of walking to the kitchen, he sat beside me, waiting for me to say something.

"You know you will be late if you don't go right now." I wouldn't look at him. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me. I felt hurt and jealous as hell. I couldn't even acknowledge his existence.

"Then I'll be late." He said, still sitting next to me while I pondered life.

"Okay," I mumbled. I stared at the vase on our, his, table. It was so shiny and had a diamond like structure to it. Almost as beautiful as my engagement ring that now rested on my left ring finger, the wedding band above it. I contemplated taking them off.

After a few moments, he grew impatient with me and stood up. "Eleanor can we please just talk about it. I would never do anything to hurt you and I know it is bothering you, but she will be going home tomorrow anyway." I glanced at him, feeling my heart rip with so many unsaid words. I said nothing for a couple more minutes until he got sick of my silence and went into the kitchen.

I followed a few minutes later, not because I was hungry, but because I needed to know if they still had any sort of connection. Did he still love her? And I ask if he loves her because he did love her in the past, enough to make a baby with her.

I sat silently beside Adam, eating the cereal that Mattea placed in front of me.

"That's it," Adam muttered, clearly upset. He stood up and grabbed my arm, he didn't even glance at Rachel as he pulled me out of the dining room and once we were out of ear shot and eye view he bent down and scooped me up and walked quickly up the stairs.

"Adam! Put me down! What the hell are you doing?" I shouted, he didn't say anything as he walked into our bedroom and tossed me on the bed. He took off his tie and jacket and quickly grabbed me before I could run out.

"We need to talk." He whispered dangerously. I felt my heart skip a beat. He let go of my waist this time and I quickly rushed to the door. I was not feeling well today, especially since he won't let me stay mad at him.

He grabbed my right wrist this time with his right hand and grabbed my other hand with his.

"Stop Eleanor. " He grunted as he quickly pinned me to the wall and pushed himself against me to prevent my escape. His hands had my arms pinned above my head. Aggressive.