Chapter 13: Temptation

He placed me onto the bed and tossed me a blanket and a towel. It was weird how I was always the wrong kind of soaked around him. I stared at it for a while, then turned my attention to him as he walked into the bathroom.

I sat up on the bed, my vision blocked and nystagmus occurred each time I looked to the side. I was undoubtedly drunk.

I tried to unbuckle my swim suit top so I could change into my pajamas. Or at least a decent bra. Adam stepped out of the bathroom in his sweater and sweat pants.

"Adam," I whined uncomfortably, having trouble undoing the straps. He stared at me again, like he's done three times already, probably thinking that I may as well be crazy.

"This isn't one of your tricks again is it?" He laughed. I looked at the wall ahead, trying hard to take it off.

"No Adam," I whined, " I need to change my clothes," I whispered, like a little kid telling someone their crush.

"Okay." He whispered back, laughing a little. He walked toward my suitcase and pulled out a bra and a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. He began walking behind me and sat on the bed.

His fingers on my back, sent spots of tingling everywhere he touched as he too struggled with the strap. I looked at my feet, trying to ignore the feelings aroused inside me as his fingers dragged across my back.

"Got it." He whispered, untangling the confusing bikini top like he'd just won a million dollars. "That one was tricky." He smirked. I held my hands over my chest, trying to keep the bikini top from falling off.

"Adam, can you get me my pajamas?" I asked, turning toward him. "It's in my suitcase." I stupidly pointed to the suitcase, the hand holding the small piece of clothing moved. The top fell into my lap. "Oops."

He looked at me for a second before turning toward my suitcase. "I already got it." He said, speechless.

How could he resist? Most of the times guys saw my shirt come off, they'd be all over me. But this freaking guy, my husband, saw my whole top half naked and walked away from it. Hell, he'd seen me fully undressed, yet still did and said nothing.

What the hell is he even waiting for? I stared at him for a second and placed my head down on the bed.

"Here." He tossed me a blue bra, shirt, and sweater, making sure it covered my nudity. I never had to work so hard to get a guy to have sex with me.

"Adam. Good night." I yawned, tossing the shirt aside and rested my head on the pillow.

Hours later the light to the room turned off and the door opened and shut. I slowly opened my eyes, were we being robbed? But we had brought nothing to this hotel?

I sat up. "Adam?" I asked, watching him quickly turn around like a deer caught in the headlights. Or a fish out of water.

"Eleanor, you're still awake?" He whispered, walking beside me and placing his head on the bed.

"My head hurts," I whispered, my hand immediately going on the painful spot on my head.

"Here I brought some pain relievers if you want." He whispered sweetly, a warm smile on his half lit face. The moonlight barely hitting his face through the blinds.

"I want," I whispered, rubbing my head. I watched his eyes land on my bare chest as he quickly turned away.

"Eleanor, you'll get sick, put on some thing." He said, walking up to me and avoiding my unintentional temptation. He grabbed my bra and put it on me and then helped me get my shirt over my arms. He put my sweater on and kissed my cheek. Warmth bubbled inside me, he was so gentle. So very gentle.