46: Joy to the world, the world is doomed.

Second chapter of the week! Happy New Year, Wattpadders!

Alice lunged towards Leah, who raised her sword just in time to smack away Alice's shield and cut across her spear, and I recognised that her weapons had changed, both glowing an eerie black color. Grunting, Alice charged again, this time disarming my fiery-headed friend, and jabbed Leah straight in the chest, only to be saved by Dom's gauntlets. Dom spun his double-sided sword on this palm, the edges cutting deep into Alice's cheeks, and Alice stumbled back.

This gave Leah enough time to retrieve her fallen sword, and as she made the move to stab Alice, a black whip came and yanked her sword back, and only a quick duck and kick left Leah unscathed from the incoming blow, before Tom made a move to strike again. Alice and Tom worked together like a perfect team, Alice obviously being the better fighter while Tom was the better strategist, which made it seem like Alice was mentally linked to Tom's ever thinking mind.

But maybe they were. It would explain how they were so coordinated, Alice being more offensive, and Tom covered her back even before she stroke. But although they may had whatever Nyx voodoo, Leah and Dom were a team to be feared. Dom's head was wreathed with shadows, and he looked a bit like Death himself from the Bible. Leah however, stayed the same, but once in a while Alice would stumble away from her, her eyes woozy, like Leah's mere existence was messing up her head.

Soon, Dom had been replaced by Max, his spear point gleaming and bright, ready to impale itself through Tom's neck, and he charged, dodging a slash from Tom's whip, and flung his shield at him. The son of Confusion looked baffled from the sudden change in style, but before he could respond, the shield had caught him square in the chest and Max was pummelling him to death, as if he didn't even feel the pain from the massive wound across his own chest.

"Tom!" yelled Alice, and in the moment of distraction, Leah delivered a strong punch to her face, and Alice fell to the ground unconscious. Leah took a piece of rope from her pocket, gods knows where she got that from, and tied it around her wrists, ankles and arms, and using sharp precise cuts with her blade, cut a gag out of the bottom of Alice's pants.

Soon, both Alice and Tom were bound and gagged at our feet, and Dom whisked them away. "Where did you put them?" I asked, as Dom immediately returned.

"Somewhere you don't know about." Answered Dom, his face darkening. Nyx decided to intervene as she saw her two lieutenants disappear into shadows.

"Monsters, apprehend these demigods." She shouted with a wave of her hands. "All but the dark haired girl is lunch." When nothing came to attack us, she turned with a shocked look. "Where has my army gone?"

"Well, I might have accidentally, purely coincidentally, of course, slipped my hand and shot an arrow into them." Leah hid her smile. "Actually, considering the amount of monsters here now, which is zero, I might have slipped my hand more than once. What, did you think I was actually just watching my friends fight by themselves? Of course not, so you can't say it is all my fault. Only slightly. Partly. Actually, yeah it was me."

"You insolent..." Nyx seethed.

"Girl? Demigod? Person who doesn't want to die?" I added. "Of course, you're totally not repetitive, and you know what? I really treasure my life. I also treasure the life of my friends." I glared at her. "But definitely not yours."

"You will never..."

"Succeed? Said that before. Guess what? Half of your army is dead. The rest is dying. Give up Nyx. You're the one that won't succeed." I retorted.

"Ah, but I am a primordial, am I not, Arthella. And it is 3 minutes to noon." Growling she tried to sweep us aside, but I used a rope of energy to chain her up, and I began to drag her upwards, towards the sun. Nyx squirmed and struggled, and I was already tiring, but this was what I had to do.

"Max! Leah! Dom! You have to complete the prophecy! This is my part. Now you have to do yours! Find Pasiphaë! Get back to Camp! Go!" I yelled, sweat beading my forehead as I fired a volley of moonlight at Nyx to keep her occupied.

"I'm not leaving you! You need me!" shouted Dom, shadows propelling him through the air towards me, and he winced as sunlight shone into his eyes, his shadows moving sluggishly. "We're in this together."

"You're gonna get yourself killed! And we have no Physicians Cure this time! Dom bring her back!" screamed Leah, as Max stood by her side, struggling to push her back into the passages of the Labyrinth.

"You've given me the best 8 months of my lives Leah, now you can live yours." I said gently.

Dom added a phrase behind me as well. "You'll always be my best friend, and if you want, I'll ghost over if we don't survive. Just find Tom and Alice in you know where. Bring them to justice. Show no mercy." Together, in joint effort, we dragged Nyx into the broad daylight, and as Nyx attempted to turn the surroundings into Night, either me or Dom struck her with our abilities, and in my head, the clock struck noon.

"This is for Tori." I said darkly. Drawing Tori's golden sword, I saw the faint outline of Hemera's symbol etched into the base, and I stabbed it into the writhing mass that was Nyx. She screamed, and I saw two shimmering images, one as bright as the sun, one as dark as the night sky, battling inside the nearly explosive space in between me and Dom. The dark one fell, and the bright one gave me a glance, and smiled, before drifting away.

And then my world exploded.

Me and Dom began to plummet back to where Atlas usually held the sky, now replaced by Prometheus. We reached towards each other as we fell, and as I fell through the debris that cut into my skin, I saw a single last tendril of shadows make its way towards a glowing golden orb behind a rock. I had nearly forgotten about it, the last remaining essence of Kronos. The small orb so powerful it could freeze the world forever.

Instead of reaching towards Dom, I turned away and tried to redirect my freefall towards it, and I grabbed it just as the tendril was about to unlock it. The orb held too much power for a mere demigod like me, and I screamed as pain wracked my body and mind, but I knew that there was one more thing I had to do. As I nearly touched the ground, through the pain that was killing me, I used the last of my energy to create a cushioning layer of energy to stop Dom's fall, and as the remains of Nyx and what she had nearly created rained down on us, I rolled on top of Dom, shielding him from the shrapnel.

I heard his words, the last thing I saw before the pain from the orb took over me, before I drifted into the unknown darkness.

"Thank you."

May I just say this is NOT the last chapter of this book, and I already have everything planned out for the next one. For those who are looking forward to me to return back to 'The Return of Mevolent', I have to say it's going to be a long time before I return to that story, because I have no idea where it's going.