7: My sister turns into a statue

TRIALS OF APOLLO IS OUT! Sorry if my storyline doesn't correspond with the Hidden Oracle, since Apollo is still a god. But that won't really matter now. *wink wink*

The place was a warzone.

It was five fifteen year old teens versus about 500 hellhounds. It was like hell had brought them up with them, and even though we were all trained, we were not ready to face 100 hellhounds each. Me and Leah fought back to back, while Dom and Tom tried to push them back into Victoria, whose golden sword (hunting knife... who cares) whirled like an arc of pure destruction, destroying the nearest hellhounds that backed into her.

I dodged a wall of fur and the hellhound's red eyes glared at my silver ones. It lunged at me and I dodged it's claw and stabbed it's chest. It roared in anger and swiped at me, only to be intercepted by Leah's sword decapitating it. We continued to slice our way towards our friends, so now all the hellhounds would be in one place. We nodded at Thomas and he nodded back. Making our way next to Victoria, we all stood behind Thomas who closed his eyes in concentration and raised his hand.

The hellhounds froze in confusion, and that was our cue to destroy the hellhounds. Hellhounds yelped and faded into darkness, and Dom was covered in a black aura, while me and Victoria glowed silver and gold. A blessing from our parents. The confusion soon ended and Thomas soon joined into the melee, his celestial bronze whips slicing through any hellhound confused enough to attack him. You would think that a son of the minor goddess of confusion, Dementia, would be pretty harmless, but he was far from harmless. Confusion could be one of the most deadliest weapons if used correctly.

I suddenly heard a scream and I saw Victoria plunge to her knees, a hellhound above her. "No!" I screamed. Running towards her, I'm pretty sure I killed about 10 hellhounds on the way. "No!" I fell to my knees by her side, and from me silver energy burst out, killing hellhounds in a 10 meter radius. A dome of silver energy repelled any monster who tried to attack us, and any of them who tried to break the dome burst into silver dust.

Victoria lay on the ground, a hellhound tooth stuck in her chest. I took out, and tried to heal her but she stopped me. "Arthella." she whispered, "It's no use. I'm dying, I can feel my life essence fading."

"No, sis, you can't." I sobbed. "Not now."

"I've been proud to call you my little sister, Arthella. Make sure my death means that you'll be the hella hero I know you are, okay?" Victoria whispered, tracing a tear down my cheek. "I'll always be there for you. I'll always be here, remember? Together forever."

"I will kill Nyx." I stated. "I will hunt her for what she did to you, and they will pay in blood."

"Calm down... sis... Be the rational girl I know you to be. Take my knife, and be the star. Goodbye, sister." and as her last breath expired, she stared up at the sky, eyes glazed. Slowly, but surely, she started to evaporate into golden mist, and as I watched it, the golden mist joined with my silver mist and formed into the golden statue of a hawk with a laurel on it's head. Holding it, I sobbed.

"Ave atque vale, sister. I will avenge you, Victoria." I surveyed my surroundings. There were still hellhounds to be killed. Hefting up her knife, I promised myself: "Nyx will pay."

After her death, I became a monster. No hellhound was smart enough to go against me, but I hunted them down anyways. I was an angel of destruction, and soon, all the hellhounds were dead at my feet, leaving spoils of war -claws, teeth, pelts of black fur. The Seven had arrived at the scene, but it was too late for them.

Victoria was dead.

The hellhounds payed for it.

But it was Nyx that had to be punished.

And I was never going to stop until I watered the ground with her blood.

-----Time Lapse (the next day)-----

"Victoria will always be in our hearts, and she will be remembered for her sacrifice." Chiron finished, and handed me the torch. Victoria's body, although transformed into a golden hawk statue, had a physical body that Apollo provided. I lit the golden shroud on fire, a twin to the one I saw in the dream. The shroud burnt quickly, and soon, it was nothing.

Two funerals for one girl. For my sister. I still couldn't cope with the grief. My face filled with tears, I ran into the Poseidon cabin, only to find Dom in there. "Dominique?" I asked, "What are you doing in here?"

Dom stood up from my bed. "I'm sorry about... about Victoria. She was a good friend." he whispered. The moment he said Victoria, I erupted into tears again. Why was I feeling so destroyed? Victoria had died a hero. I should have been there. I had to respect her. I had to be strong. "Oh, gods. I'm sorry, oh gods I'm sorry. I shouldn't h... I shouldn't have come." Dom said, coming over to comfort me.

"It's... okay..." I sniffled. Compose yourself, Thea. You're the daughter of Artemis. Artemis is strong. Be strong.

"You're lying." Dominique stated simply. His voice then changed. "Don't worry, Thea, we're still here for you. I'm here, don't cry, I'm here. Come one, Thella, you're strong. Be strong." I sobbed in his embrace, and he held me tight, whispering into my damp hair. I hugged him back, glad that at least there was someone that was alive. Someone that was not dead.

After about 5 minutes of just hugging, someone coughed from the doorway. We immediately sprang apart, and Percy stood there, with Annabeth peeking from over his shoulder. "We wanted the cabin to ourselves, but I guess it's already taken." Percy grinned cheekily. I aimed an arrow at his face.

"Just because I'm grieving doesn't mean that I can't shoot an arrow through your gods damned face." I growled. He backed up, hands in surrender.

"Woah, woah, sissy, Vic was my sister too!"

"You didn't know her. She didn't even stay with us. Don't speak like that, Kelp Head." I heard a hand on my shoulders, holding me back.

"Don't waste your anger on Perseus. There's Nyx out there for you to explode." Dominique whispered into my ear. Slowly, he ushered me out of the Poseidon cabin and into the forest. A hellhound fang was sunk in the ground, to mark where Victoria fell. "I think that it would be a treat for you to speak with Victoria once again right?"

I stared at him. "No. You're not going to." Dom started to chant in Ancient Greek, and the ghost of my sister appeared.

"Hello Thea." she said.

"Vic?" I stammered. 

"Yes, sis, it's me. I can't stay for long. Take my bow and arrows. Use my knife with pride. And remember that I will always be watching you."

"Where are you?"

"Elysium." she then looked up at Dominique. "Take good care of Thea. If I meet her here, I'm blaming it on you."

Dominique held a fist across his chest. "If she dies, I will die with her."

Victoria nodded in agreement, and soon she disappeared. I walked towards the Nike cabin and retrieved her bow and arrow and knife. Taking the knife, I slit my palm and covered one of the arrows in my blood. It took her bow and shot the bloody arrow into the hellhound's fang. I could feel Dom watching, but I didn't care.

"I hereby swear by the Styx, that I will hunt down Nyx, and I will kill her for her crimes."

Woah. We see Thea's dark side, and remember, I might need some minor characters so message me your ideas. I only got two requests for my The Return of Mevolent, so I want more for this one! Character can be demigod or mortal, since the Mist is disappearing anyways.