44

I'M SORRY I'M SO LATE SO HERE ARE MY EXCUSES:

It's Christmas, Gen 2 Pokemon have came out, I've been in a hotel with bad wifi and fight scenes are very hard to write.
But here you have it, chapter 44!

I carefully walked behind the boulders that shielded our position, and through the corner of my eye, I glimpsed Max and Emily doing the same, their respective spears and whips drawn. My own bow was already taut with three arrows strung into it, and once in a while, a monster would go down with a silent wail, a silver arrow embedded in it's forehead. Since my episode with Nyx, I had already memorized the landscape that used to be there, but something in my mind told me that Nyx knew I had, and she had altered the cliffs and caves of Mount Tamalpais.

I let my arrows fly, soaring straight and true into the backs of a few empousai, which disintegrated immediately. Dom, with the fashion of a superhero, spun his sword on his palm before flinging it across the plain, absorbing the souls and essence of all the monsters around us before landing neatly into his hand, smoking a ghostly black. Leah was doing her own thing as well, beheading all the monsters that even looked our way with frightening confidence.

One last cyclops began to bumble towards the slope that reached the middle of the mountain, and with my fingers, I made a gun and shot it with a bolt of silver energy, blowing away the silvery smoke that lighted the tip of my fingers. "Headshot." I said softly, and my mind referred straight away to the times when Tori and I would still play role-play, with her being the villain and me being the hero, where we would pretend to shoot each other and make a pose afterwards.

Happy times.

Get back to the point! I yelled at myself. You're in enemy territory. No time for flashbacks! As I thought that, I could feel the gears in my whir as it shut off all emotions in my mind. It was in these rare times of increased adrenalin and a time where I was actually fighting did that happen, but still, my emotions still ran free from my mental reigns. In the back of my mind, I could still see the image of Nyx. Her dark skin, nearly a purple blue like the night sky. Her dress, shimmering with the dark images of galaxies. Her wild hair, flowing like a mane from her head. And her eyes, as white as quasars, both blinding and bright, unlike herself.

"Max, Emily, stay here. Guard the area. Kill anything you see that moves, excluding the pegasi. Leah, Dom, we're moving in." I said quietly, trails of silver energy connected with the ears of my companions as I moved swiftly up the slopes to the middle level of the looming mountain above me. There was no way it was possible for a sneak attack now.

"Roger that, Captain." said Dom jokingly, before gulped in fear, the tip of my arrow resting underneath his chin. "Never mind..."

I took out another pair of arrows, green light blinking from the side of it. Showtime. I thought. It's now or never. Releasing the arrows into the nearest hoard of monsters, the place erupted into green flames. I groaned as I heard Dom's voice yelling at me once again. "Could you not have used normal fires?"

"Chill! She knows how to extinguish Greek fire idiot!" Leah shouted at him, and I sighed in relief. Trust Leah to solve all your problems. And also, trust a boy to mess up your day. Monsters yelled in agony as their anguish echoed through the surrounding areas, and I stepped into the melee.

With a quick flick of the wrist, my arrows had impaled the monsters furthest away from us, and we went to work. My bow returning to it's pendant size on my leather-cord necklace, I drew my knives and went to work. Dodging a clumsy punch from one of the Earthborn, I swung around, my blades cutting through all 6 of his arms and his head, but his companions came in to fill the gaps.