8: Thank you brother, you're the reason I'm sent on a death quest

"DEMIGODS! BE QUIET!" Chiron yelled. Ouch. Chiron never yelled. We were in the rec room with all the head counselors, centurions and praetors, who were chatting to each other about Victoria's death. Dominique, Leah, Thomas and I were just standing in the corner trying not to be noticed, but hey, I'm the daughter of Artemis and Poseidon: it's not easy to hide.

"I summoned you because of the death of the daughter of Poseidon, Victoria Carter. This is the beginning of an attack from an ancient Primordial that we have only heard from since Percy and Annabeth's brave voyage through Tartarus, and she vowed her revenge, for, what did she call it? Ungrateful tourist demigods."

Piper, Hazel and Reyna stiffled laughters.

"Luckily, thanks to her pride, we were able to obtain some valuable information about what she has done. She is a goddess of the darkness, so hellhounds do most of her bidding. And she has kidnapped the Goddess of the Mist."

A series of gasps occurred, the loudest being Lou Ellen. 

"Mother has been taken?" she asked in my direction. I nodded. "So that's why all my prayers have been unanswered and my ability over the mist is dampened. The mist itself is disappearing."

"Why?" asked Thomas, in his corner. "I thought that the Mist was fine on it's own."

"It's because Hecate is THE goddess of the Mist. She is the Mist. And when she loses her power, the Mist fades, like any god can fade." answered Annabeth dryly.

Rachel cleared her throat. Her eyes were turning emerald green, and the green mist started to pour from her body. "The Delphi is becoming restless. Ask, before I erupt." she joked a bit. She suddenly stiffened, and spoke again, this time in the voice of the Oracle of Delphi. "Seeker, ask."

I stood forward. "How may we stop Nyx and rescue Hecate?"

"Five shall go yet four returns,

the Mist clears as torches burn.

The endless maze that leads to night,

uncovers what we truly fright.

To the west the five must go,

and reach a target long set though.

The Night is free from once it's cage,

to be destroyed by merciless rage." Rachel spoke, before collapsing back into her chair.

The rec room exploded into chatter once more, and my face went slack as I loaded what was just told. Chiron was getting incredibly annoyed. "IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE SEVEN AND YOUR NAME IS NOT DOMINIQUE, ARTHELLA, LEAH KINGSLEY AND THOMAS I SUGGEST YOU GET OUT."

The entire room shut up and walked out obediently. I could hear Annabeth mutter, "He didn't even lose his temper when Kronos was taunting him. Why's he so high stringed?"

"Sorry about that. Now, about the quest. Does anyone know about anything it said about?"

Hazel raised her hands. "Torches. That's Hecate's symbol. And the endless maze, that's the Labyrinth."

"But the Labyrinth was destroyed by Daedalus. And you trapped Pasiphaë in whatever you did to her." Leo said.

"Yes, but Pasiphaë can't be destroyed by her own maze. She's probably still alive." Hazel explained.

"So we enter the maze." I said. "We get ourselves a clear-sighted mortal. We defeat Pasiphaë. We free Hecate. We restore the Mist. We defeat Nyx. Not exactly in that order."

"Wait." Dom put his hand in a time-out sign. "Who do you mean as we."

"Me, Leah, you, Tom and a clear-sighted mortal, maybe?"