38: Trash Talk Queen

SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER

"When will you break, little archer girl?" said Atlas, after poking and prodding me with his spear. He had just dipped my head in oil as I struggled to remove the impurities of oil from the water so that I could breathe. Easier said than done. I had ended up choking on the oil –not a nice thing, just saying- before I realised that if I just used the silver energy to create a small path to the top of the oil basin so that I could breathe. Atlas had soon figured out I wasn't choking anymore, so he removed me from the basin of oil and just continuingly jabbed me with the end of this spear, occasionally giving me a few punches. I knew I had screamed, and I knew he had laughed, but after I screamed I would always glare at him to let him know that I was not dead.

Not yet, anyways. My head was starting to throb, and still, time was frozen outside of the cavern. Nyx had put me through the first few months of the Prophecy of the Seven, so I had already battled Ephialtes, Otis, Alyconeus, Polybotes and some very creepy nymphs. I also fought Jason, and that was pretty fun, but I knew what was going to happen next. The memories had ended at the moment Percy was about to let go of the ledge, and I subconsciously curled my fingers as I regained the pain of holding on to such a small and thing ledge. I knew for a fact that my muscles had strengthened, but I didn't really know my strength. I was scared that the moment a picked up a glass of water, I would just crush the glass with my bare hands Hercules styled. Not that I wished I was him, from Piper's story.

"You'll never break me. Can't you just let me out of these stupid shadow restraints?"

"I would if I could, so I could see you grovel on the ground after I bash you into the walls of the ruins of Othrys, that will rise again."

"You actually think Othrys is going to rise again?" I snorted. "Mother was right. Men are really stupid. Nyx is only using you, General." I taunted. "So, do I look like I would grovel at your knee? You killed my fellow sister. You killed Zoë by smashing her into the walls of Othrys, so why not do the same to me? Lady Nyx is going to use you to take down the first parts of the demigod attack line, and then you will fall."

"How do you know?" he whirled around.

"I am the daughter of the moon goddess. See all, know all, hear all, just as Apollo said." I turned my neck as my bones crackled. "Nyx already has Kronos's essence, but she dare not touch it. She's afraid of Kronos, afraid of time, which is why she stops it, so that she thinks she's in control. But I see through her. I see through you. You're not a tough cookie, aren't you, General Atlas? So little monsters for you to command, because, wait, you're not general anymore, aren't you? That's Thomas's role now. General of the Armies of Nyx. I killed her third General, do you know? Rayn Nightclaw, a scary little piece. Sharpened her teeth, used a spear and a shield, has gauntlets that give her claws. She was a real beast, and I killed her like a beast. She was Tom's first Lieutenant, because she was not just powerful, but smart too."

"Stop talking. You're annoying." Atlas complained, but I could see the hint of curiosity at the back of his eyes. "What about Blades?"

"Alison Blake, the self-called Alice Blades. I could beat her any day, but I'm a nice friend. She's reserved for my best friend, a daughter of Aphrodite. Never thought that would happen, the daughter of Love versus the daughter of War. But I have complete faith in Leah. For her, war is a conquest, just as love is, but she cannot see it. She fights against Alice because Alice took Tom from her, even though Tom was a lost cause. Love is such a pitiful thing." I knew I sounded laid back, but I was trying to get Atlas to help me, even if making him feel bad with my stupid talking was what I had to do. "You were replaced by Thomas Drake. Son of confusion, for gods' sake. He hardly knows what he's doing! You would do much better than him, though you're all brawn no brain. It has a certain ring to it, doesn't it? Lord Atlas, son of Iapetus, Titan of Strength, General of the Titan Army, General of the Armies of the Night."

"Stop talking." He said once again gruffly.

"Nope. I'm a child of Athena. We talk a lot. But that could never happen for you. How did you get Lady Hecate underneath the weight of the sky?"

"The same trick Artemis used on me. She had to fight that Tom punk, and Tom slammed her into me. I pushed her in and rolled out. But that's been four years for me. My back is actually healing now."

Getting there. "Why don't you join the gods?" I asked. "Nyx just wants to destroy the world. Darkness, bla bla bla, night will take over, bla bla bladi bla. That's all she says. At least Kronos wanted to rule a world. If you think about it, he wasn't half bad if he didn't eat his kids and throw his older brothers into Tartarus." I rolled my shoulders. "The gods don't actually care about the mortal world. They only care about what becomes of it. They like just watching. So if you just stayed out their way, you could do whatever you wanted. As long as you're not going around eating mortals, because that is just cruel. I could bargain with them, and we could find another guy to put under the sky." My eyes ticked. I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was listening to me, so my eyes took on a yellowish tinge, the one Artemis had when she became anxious. My wolf eyes scanned the surroundings, and hidden in the corner I saw a man in a tux. "Maybe your younger cousin in the corner could be of help?"

"Who?" Atlas whirled around. "Who?"

"You're very stupid, Prometheus." I said. "You came into the time flux, and now? You're stuck. I've been stuck in this position for nearly six years, but outside, I still look 15. I'm mentally 21. Atlas has been under the skies for millennia. Lady Hecate's been under it for 6 years, maybe more. Once you come in, there's no going back out, because the moment you do, you'll be frozen, and I can do whatever I want with you. Atlas could do whatever he wanted with you, and he'd enjoy that." My gauntlets had begun to glow a faint silver shade that only I could see, that reminded me of the legacy of Aclepsius's glasses design. Worth a try.

I shook my wrists hard into the shadows, and blades whirled out, severing the chains around Hecate's limbs, before reattaching to my forearms. Simultaneously, Atlas whacked Prometheus towards under the sky, and Hecate tumbled out, trapping Prometheus under it. "Let me tell you cousin." Atlas said. "You were chained for only a thousand years before Hercules saved you. And you only had your livers ripped out. I had my back torn apart, for five thousand years." He went over and patted the Titan of Crafty Council on the head. "Remember, brother. Strength comes from your body as well as your arms. Don't want to tear your back so quickly, it'll take years to heal under the strain." I watched as Hecate began to heal, her pale skin regaining color as the blonde hair shaded her face. Slowly, she went in front of Prometheus and lay there, like she had finally been broken by the skies. A field surrounded us, one so powerful that Nyx couldn't get through.

I knew because it was the power of desperation that Hecate utilized to silence our words. "So," Atlas turned. "What was it you wanted to discuss?"