10: I wreck Capture the Flag

I felt like a was floating, light headed, in the voids of Chaos.

A feminine voice pulled me into a dreamscape, and Artemis appeared in my dream.

"Where am I? Where's Dom? Where's Leah?" I blurted out.

"You were knocked out in the battle against the Nemean Lion. They're all alive, child. You probably fainted from the lack of energy in your body, transforming into a wolf."

"A wolf? I can turn into a wolf?" I hazily remembered the white paws, the strong lean legs. "Another gift from you?"

"It came in the package, my brave huntress. I love my huntresses like my sisters in arm, yet I care about you more. Blood binds us all, child. I came, because, well, we didn't really have enough time to talk on September 1st, did we?"

"Who gave us the weapons?" I unsheathed my hunting knife, as long as my arm.

"Oh, σχηματισμού." she said. "Schimatismoú. Constellation. It's gone with another name before, επισκιάζω, which means Shade. Episkiázo. It was a shame that your sister was killed, but you're a tactician. Pretend you're Night. The light is when you are weakest. You have two potential enemies, the Princesses of the Seas. One is the child of the sun, the other of the moon. Who would you kill?"

"She... she killed Vic because she was the daughter of the Apollo." I whirled around to face Artemis. "And she left her blade."

"Perissótero. περισσότερο. It means Shine. And Night is not one to want the light. I can't interfere more, because I'm a goddess. But think it through yourself." she suddenly winced. "The fates are telling me to leave. Let you go on with path of your life. And remember your destiny."

Destiny called to me. I knew that I had to kill Nyx.

"Goodbye, Mother." I said.

"Goodbye, my child." she said, and the world blurred again.

I felt someone holding my hand, as I was pulled back into reality. Dom was cradling me in his arms, his hand on my arm, gripping tightly. I groaned at the light, and I realized I was in the infirmary. I blinked my eyes as they adjusted, and looked at Dom's face. There were tears in his eyes and when I glared at him, he nearly jumped. "You're awake! Thank the gods!"

"Took you a long time, Princess." Leah said, sitting on the armchair next to the bed, sharing it with Tom, who sat on the rest. Max was still rubbing his eyes.

"How long was I out?" I asked, grumbling as I got out of my bed.

"3 days. We've got 15 days to stop Nyx." Leah said. "We've found that the remains of Zeus's Fist still has an entrance to the Labyrinth, so we've got people digging out the remains."

"Don't..." I croaked. "If Nyx used it to enter camp, they'll be in danger. What have the rest of you done?"

"Dom?" Leah wiggled her eyebrows at me. "Well, he sat by your bed every second since we came back. Tom's been training Max.."

"It hurt!" Max whined from the side. "He practiced with iron whips and I can't eat ambrosia or nectar or I'll burn into flames!"

I stiffled a laugh. "What else?"

"The camp necklaces and the SPQR tattoos can be used as portals from each camp to another. We have the Amazons and the Hunters here, because they apparently wanted a 'capture the flag' game where the beat the crap out of us."

I smiled. "Is it too late to join them?" Dom looked horrified, which was soon replaced by an emo face. "Dude, I'm kidding. I'm literally a huntress that doesn't need to take the vow to be one."