29: The terrors of the Pit

"I'm not speaking." I said. Thalia was storming around me, little tempests forming on her footsteps.

"You WILL tell me!" Shouted Thalia.

"No I won't!" I cried. "You can't make me. I'm never saying that name again."

"What name? Where were you?"

"Under Kronos's enchantment. I spent a week in the Pit. For you it was an hour."

"What pit.. oh." The truth dawned on Thalia's face. "Oh gods, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I don't need any more sorrow."

"Then let's spar. Might get your mind off... there."

I smiled gratefully, and whipped my knife out, placing at her neck. She smiled back, blasting me back with lightning, which I wished I could say that I gracefully flipped and landed on my feet. Truth is, I landed on my butt a few meters back. Groaning, I leaped up once again, my knife clashing with her shield, and I spun, grabbing my second knife with my left hand and jabbing it into my friend.

Thalia swung her spear with me, and I jolted from the sudden burst of electricity, but although the side my waist was slightly numb, I was once again filled with energy. I dodged her shield and in one mighty grasp, flung it across the field, before I sliced the sword in, drawing blood from her arm as she blocked the second blow with the length of her spear, pushing me back.

A jab from the butt of her spear flung my second knife from my hands and soon, we had left the hand-to-hand combat and into a long-range battle field. I felt the reassuring presence of Dom in the shadows as I flung knife after knife at the rock Thalia hid behind, and the sounds of shink shink notified that they had buried themselves hilt-deep into the rocks.

My knives had soon run out. I needed to ask Calypso if she could put an enchantment on my belt so that it would have infinite numbers of throwing daggers in my belt. My  bow appeared in my hands as I swung it off my shoulder, and nocking an exploding arrow into the string of the bow, I released, and a satisfying grunt from a disgruntled Thalia landing a few meters short of me.

Before I could put my sword at her neck and claim my victory, she lunged at me, and soon we were exchanging blows to each other, punches, jabbing... 

The first punch glanced my chin. I noticed too late that it was a feint, though, when the second punch doubled me over and expelled the last bit of choked air from my tired body.

It was a professional blow, nothing short of Thalia's style. Other then having the wind knocked from me, which I always hated since it made me feel weak, I noticed a fair amount of pain with the gutshot, which was something I was used to, better than a hit to the face or the back. Wherever it was, it hurted. Artemis's blessing must have made her stronger as a lieutenant.

Fortunately, I was used to it all. A whipping from an angry primordial would get you used to it.

"Nice...one..." I said, as I staggered backwards before bouncing right back. I punched back, on reflex that didn't reach my mind.

The blow felt too sluggish. I knew the second I launched it. The spry, smirking Thalia ducked under it. Before I could even register the dodge, however, another body shot, this one to my ribs, sent fresh ripples of pain through my torso. I didn't fall this time, but flipped her onto her back, before jabbing her under her ribcage, occasionally sending a few punched to her face.

Thalia took my forward force and shoved me over her head on to my bad and I landed hard. Seeing her scoot back so far against the weight of it gave me a second wind. I covered the distance between us. I then threw three more punches that did land. The Thalia stood steady, before grinning.