31: I have permanent anger issues

"Could we have glasses for Jason Grace? He should be registered in the index." I said to the girl at the counter. The girl wore a crisp white suit, with a blue skirt and a blue blazer. Her brown hair were in pigtails, and a pair of mauve glasses hid her startling amber eyes.

"The son of Jupiter?" she asked. "Ooops, shouldn't have said that so loudly. What color?"

"Black framed stygian iron?" Dom asked. "Might give him his rebellious streak."

"And who are you, sweetheart?" asked the girl, "I'm Saige, legacy of Vulcan and Asclepius. Lucky for you, I have the exact pair of glasses that you want." She took out a box.

"I'm Dominique Solomon, son of Thanatos. This is Leah Kingsley, daughter of Aphrodite, Maxwell Hollands, clear-sighted mortal, not that it matters any more, Emily Clovers, also a clear sighted mortal, and Thea Carter."

I nodded as he stopped his speech, knowing that I hated introductions. "I'm Arthella Carter, but call me Arthella and you'll have an arrow sticking out of your throat. I'm Thea, a daughter of Athena." I glared at them to not say anything else about my complicated parentage.

"Do I find it strange that the name Thea means the mother of the sun, moon and dawn?"

"Yes you do." I replied.

"Okay then. And Mr Hollands, do you want your optical check to happen now? It's free of charge. You're short-sighted, about a degree of 150? Isn't very good to go charging into a fight with a fuzzy vision, so here." After uncovering Jason's black glasses, she took out a silver steel one, with half-frames, and the rest of the rim not touching his skin was bronze.

Max picked it up. "Woah.. What is this?"

"This is a special design of my own. It's for mortals, so the places which rest on your ear and nose are steel, while the rest of them are actually celestial bronze blades. There's a button that lets you eject darts so if you're in a hostage situation, it'll be pretty handy. It's the same with Jason's."

"Thanks. Keep the cash." I said as I dropped a few drachmas onto the desk. "Hope to see you at Camp Half-Blood?"

"Why?"

"Have you not heard? Nyx is rising tomorrow. All reinforcements need to go to Camp Half-Blood."

"What about you five?"

I glanced at the others, who nodded to tell her. "A quest. We're on a quest to stop her."

"Then what are you doing here in a shopping mall?"

"I need to blow of steam." I said, just as Leah said. "She needs to blow of steam."

"Why?"

"You're very curious for a legacy." I retorted, my silver eyes narrowing like a wolf's.

She gulped. "Uh, be on your way! Have a good day?"

I grunted as I turned and stormed off. I heard footsteps behind me, and then a flurry of shadows that took me into an empty room. It had benches and clothes hangers, and when I registered where we were, I immediately slapped Dom. "Of ALL the places you could bring us, it had to be the boy's changing room?"

"Sorry." he muttered. "First place that came to mind to stop you from blowing up a mall in America. Do you know Nyx has people all over the globe? She set up these monsters to infiltrate Turkey, Syria, and even some as terrorists."

"You setting me up to an assassination? I'm waiting for Hillary Clinton to send me to murder Donald Trump." I drawled.

"That's not the point, Thea!" yelled Dom. This was the first time he had ever yelled. "You are over thinking everything! You need to calm down! We will never accomplish anything with you like this! This was meant for you to have fun, to experience what it is to be normal!"

"But I'm not normal! Not even for your standards! I'm an irregularity to even the demigods. I'm irregular to even Percy, the most powerful demigod in the entire history of Greece! I AM NOT NORMAL!" I screamed back.

Dom looked taken back at my reaction, but it wasn't the first time I had blown up at him. Actually, I think it was the third time I had screamed at him. He brought his shaking hands and clasped them around my clenched up fists. He brought them to his chest and looked me straight in the eye, and though I tried to look away, the shadows coiled around me and forced me to look straight into those violet irises. The moment I locked eyes with them, I was drawn in, unable to look away. "Calm down." he said, voice cold.

I felt myself calm, with the comforting feeling of his hands around me as tears involuntarily fell from my eyes, as I crouched down to the floor, Dom following me down as I sobbed into his shoulder. He lifted me up, slowly and then summoned a dark ball of shadows, keeping it in my sights. He swirled his hands around it, making it bigger, darker, and more magnificent. "Now you."

My response was the least smartest thing I had ever said. "What?"

 "Use your pain. Turn it to power. You struggled to manipulate the waters, unlike your brother." Dom said. "If you cannot control your abilities of one of the Big Three, maybe you are not worthy of the name daughter of Poseidon." I knew he was trying to get me mad, get me riled up. But the Athenian blood in me boiled at the thought of someone saying I was not worthy. I summoned a ball of water, the silver energy supporting the small sphere. My hands shook as the silver joined with the water, getting bigger and bigger, till it matched the size of Dom's. "Good!" he said, "now catch."

He flung the shadow ball at me and the water responded to my will, turning into a net to catch the ball, but it simply fell through, the silver glint disappearing from the water. "Hey!" I said. "No fair!"

"You're the one who's using moonlight to support your water structure. That's cheating." he complained. He began to start with an onslaught of shadow spears, which I blocked with the water, my energy level sapped from supporting the heavy shadows. I saw Dom mocking me, sitting cross-legged on a platform of shadows in a meditative pose. He purposely sent a even heavier ball of shadows, which I launched a ball of moonlight back at it, dispersing it.

"I can control the light in the darkness." I tilted my head cockily. "So try me." I focused on all of the pain and anguish I felt in the darkness of the Mansion of the Night. The water generated in front of me, painlessly, as some of the pain I had felt had dissolved into the water. But the pain was still there.

"You're doing it!" cried Dom happily. "I knew you could do it. Make it bigger!"

I concentrated, and the water began to move and change shape. I turned it into a horse, making it represent my father, Poseidon, and with a wave of my other hand, a deer appeared in silver moonlight, representing my mother. Dom joined me, his shadows creating an awe-inspiring butterfly, fluttering around the other animals.

I changed the scene. The water and moonlight merged, creating a girl in a gown, her hair and flowing gown made out of the moonlight, her skin and body out of water. The gown had straps on the side of her shoulder, with a sweetheart neckline and her hair in an elegant bun, two strips of hair by her ears. Dom's butterfly morphed into a boy, fully suited in a tux, joining the girl in a heartwarming waltz in the imaginary music.

I was too concentrated in controlling the figure that I did not notice the door open and two mortals walk in, two that I did not recognize. I only did  notice them when one of the shouted the very word I did not need to hear.

"Freak!"

The fact that 'Thea' meant the mother of the sun, moon and dawn was actually a surprise to me, as Thea was just a random name I came up with that sounded nice. And then when I searched up Arthella, it meant healer, so that would correspond with Apollo. Leah means 'mistress', which suited Leah as she was a very in control person, and Max means 'a great stream', for which in Max's case I portray as a great stream of knowledge. Dom means 'Master', which I would say as Master of Death, and it corresponds with Leah's mistress, meaning them as two people together. Emily means 'rival', like a rival to men.

THIS WAS ALL COINCIDENTAL.