Chapter 2 : Sacrifice

"I'll replace Leia to marry your friend's son." Lina smoothly spoke to her father.

"Are you serious baby?" Mr. Shin said, shocked with Lina's words. But, suddenly he realized something, how could she have known about the arrangement? "But baby, how do you know about this?" He asked. "I've only spoken to Leia about this matter". Mr. Shin ask his daughter.

"I'm sorry, dad. I was eavesdropping yesterday. And to get back to your point, yes, I'm serious".

The door opened and Mrs. Shin came in with tea for Mr. Shin. "Lina, what are you doing here, baby? Don't you have to study tonight?"

"I was talking to dad about me replacing Leia on the whole arranged marriage thing."

Mrs. Shin almost dropped the tea cup on the floor. "What? Yeobo, do you agree with that?"

"Lina, are you sure baby? I want Leia to marry first since she's the eldest. I don't want to force you, baby." Mr. Shin silently spoke after a while.

"Yes dad, mom. I will marry your friends son. This is for your company right? I don't want to see Leia getting hurt. She has a boyfriend and they love each other. She's the only one sister that I have. So, I decided to take her place". Lina says to her parents with a serious tone.

Both Mr. & Mrs. Shin become speechless after hearing Lina's words. The silence in the room was broken when Mr. Shin started to speak. "Thank you, Lina. I will tell Mr. Jeon about this." Mr. Shin said with bright smile. He immediately makes a phone call to Mr. Jeon.

After a few minutes he hangs up and, Mr. Shin happily said. "Tomorrow, we will meet your future fiancé and his family at 6 p.m."

"Okay dad, mom. I gonna go to my room now then." Lina says with her cute smile.

Lina is about to walk out of the room but then she hears her father saying one last thing. "Thanks again, baby. You saved our company and my friendship."

Lina smiles at her fathers words. But, in her heart she knows her true feelings. She actually made the decision to accept the marriage-proposal only because of what she saw when she was on her way back home this afternoon.

*flashback*
After saying goodbye to Hwa Young, Lina waits for Mr. Lee to pick her up. When she walks to the bus-stop, she sees Mark car at the bus stop. He looks like he's waiting for someone.

Without her realizing it, she's smiling because she's thinking about seeing her crush's face even more up-close. But then her smile fades away after she sees Mark kissing Sana passionately. Sana spotted Lina from a far. She smirked and wraps her hands around Mark's neck and she puts Mark's hands on her waist. They don't care about doing that in public.

After a few minutes, they broke the kiss and go to the car. Lina feels like her heart just shattered in pieces and she feels her eyes getting watery. She looks at the bus stop and sees Mark's car driving away. Lina feels betrayed because Sana's one of her friends, well, I guess she WAS her friend.

Sana is a beautiful and popular girl at school. She known for her sexy body and cuteness. Every boy at school wants to date her. The worst part is, that Sana knows that Lina is crushing on Mark.
*end of flashback*

That's why she made her decision to get married. She decided to move on and forget about Mark. Suddenly, she hears knocks on her door. It turns out to be her beloved sister, Leia, who still with her work outfit. She sees Leia's red eyes and hurries to the side of her bed.

"Baby, I love you." Leia said while hugging her sister tight.

Lina chuckles at her sister's action. "Are you drunk? Why are you suddenly hugging me, unnie?" Lina teases her sister.

Leia brakes the hug and looks lovingly at her sister. "I heard from dad and mom. Why did you do that?"

"Hmm.. Isn't it obvious? I don't have a boyfriend, I'm single. You do have a boyfriend. I know you love Daniel oppa. No, you both love each other. I've always imagined Daniel becoming my brother in-law. I can't accept anyone else to become my brother in-law." Lina said while smiling to her sister.

"What about you? What about your feelings for Mark?" Leia asks. Leia knows about you crushing on Mark. You always talk to her about school and you ask about her opinion in relationships.

With a bitter smile, Lina replied. "Unnie, it's just a one sided love. I only love him. He never noticed me. Don't worry about me. I'm okay."

Leia sighs after hearing what you said. "Why you don't confess to him? I bet, if you confess to him, he will probably notice you, baby."

Lina shook her head. "No, he already has a girlfriend. And that lucky girl is Sana. I saw them kissing at the bus stop." Without she realizing it, tears are rolling down on her cheeks. "Sana is so beautiful and sexy. She's such a contradiction with me. Mark will never notice a girl like me."

"Sana? Isn't she was your friend? How come that she did that to you? It's okay baby. I bet, Mark will regret not noticing you. How come he never sees a beautiful and smart girl like you?" Leia wipes out Lina tears and caresses her hair.

Leia's words make Lina smile happily. They hug each other and walk over to the balcony where they sit down.

"Tomorrow, I will meet my fiancée." Lina speaks, while looking up at the night sky. "I'm afraid that he won't like me. I'm afraid that his family won't like me."

"Why would you say something like that?" Leia asks her sister, weirdly suprised.

Lina pouts her lips. "Im afraid that that guy and his family expected a beautiful girl like you to become their daughter in-law. But in the end, they just end up with me. I'm not beautiful like you. I'm not sexy like you. There is no man who will ever like me."

"Shhhhh... Who said you're not beautiful and sexy. I think you're more beautiful and sexy than me." Leia looks sadly at her sister. "It's okay, baby. Tomorrow, I will become your stylist and makeup artist . I will choose your outfit and I'll do your makeup. I will make your fiancée fall in love with you and take care of the fact that he can't sleep because of your beautiful face. Tomorrow morning, we will find a dress, okay my baby?" Leia happily planned your day.

Lina giggles at her sister's excitement. "Okay, unnie. Thank you. But, don't forget to shower before you're going to sleep. You smell like a goat." Lina teases her sister.

Lina received a death glare from her sister. "Okay, let's sleep. I should thank you. You saved me and my relationship. Good night." Leia says to her sister and pinches Lina in her cheeks hardly before running to her room.

"Unnie!!! You really hurt me badly. Anyways, good night!" Lina shouts to her sister's room annoyingly.

Edited by KookieJar12

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment😉