Reader X France : Overwhelming(2/2)

You couldn't think. Every single thought in your head was captivated by Francis. 

He was in love with you. 

He didn't like you, oh no, he was in love with you. That was far worse than like.  You honest to god couldn't think. You didn't just want to push him out of your life, you weren't like that. You cared deeply about Francis. And now that you think about it, whenever you found out Francis had a girlfriend you got a little jealous as well. You couldn't very well say that you loved him back. You didn't know. Last night you were freaking out over a text message from Alfred.  But, be honest with yourself, you know that Alfred and you wouldn't happen. You tried to recall an event where Alfred had ever shown any sort of liking to you, there were none. 

Even if you started to date Francis, would there really be any change? Would the only difference be the title of "girlfriend & boyfriend"? Or would he be more romantic? You didn't know. You could take the risk of losing your friendship to see if you would be happy dating Francis. You were more scared of losing your friendship with him. What if Francis realized later on that he didn't love you? He would dump you and goodbye to the friendship you've had since middle school. 

But, that's the risk you have to take. If you think hard about it, you loved Francis back. You've never really seen it until now. Guess that's what love can do. You always tried to think of Francis of 'just a friend', but as you think, it's more than that. 

So after a few days of thinking, you finally gather up the courage to tell Francis. It was after school. Just the two of you, sitting in front of a park. It slipped out, you didn't know it would happen so fast. 

"___, do you ever think about how beautiful the world is?"

"It's not as beautiful as you, though." You blurted out.

Francis' face goes red, "Wait, what?"

Your face goes red as well, "Did I say that? Funny," 

He moves closer to you, "It just kind of came out, I didn't think about what I was saying. Sorry." You sigh. 

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" Francis shrugs, "Anything that directly comes to mind."

You had to be honest. 

"I think I'm in love with you." It came out as a mumble. You could hardly hear yourself say it. 

Francis' eyes go wide, "Really?" 

"Really really."

Francis frowns, "Did you just make a Shrek reference?"

"Yes?"

He laughs, "At least you told me."

"Did I take too long? It was two weeks, I'm sorry."

"I told you," He grabs your hand, "I would wait." 

"Even if it took forever?"

"Of course."

-------------

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

relationship goals tbh