Reader X Belarus : Climbing a Mountain

"Hey, Nat. Are you okay?" The Belarusian turns to look at her friend, who's eyebrows were togeather in worry. 

Natalia shrugs, "I am the same as always. What's the problem?" 

__ sighs, "You just seem really out of it."

out of it... 

Natalia gives a gentle smile, "I'm sure you're just over thinking it. Thank's for caring, though."

___ smiles back, "I'm your best friend, that's my job." 

"Of course."

The days goes by and Natalia is left with a shrinking thought. She was confused.  Every crevice in her thoughts was filled to the brim with worry. How would she tell Ivan? Katyusha? What would they even say when she tells them? Even ___ didn't know and by god, she was going to try her hardest to keep her from finding out. 

If ___ found out, their friendship would be completely crumbled.

But, Natalia can't just leave it be. If she doesn't tell someone, she's going to explode. 

Once Natalia reaches home, she walks into the kitchen where she sees Ivan reading the newspapers. 

"Where's Kat?"

"I believe she's at work still, what's the problem?"

"Oh, it' s ... nothing. Sorry, I should go do homework."

Ivan furries his eyebrows togeather, there's obviously something wrong; he was determined to find out.  

"Nat. Please tell me what's wrong. You are not acting normal."

Natalia looks back and sighs, "I promise you, it is nothing." 

"I really doubt that." He pulls out a chair from under the table and urges her to sit down, thankfully, she does. 

"Tell me, you know you can trust me. If you do not want me to tell Katyusha, I understand. I can keep secrets." 

Natalia carefully placed her words togeather, "No, you can tell her. I'm just afraid of how you would react." She paused, "That'd you would hate me." 

"Hate you? Of course not. You're my little sister and I love you." 

Natalia took a deep breath in, here goes nothing. 

Natalia closed her eyes, she didn't want to see Ivan's reaction.

"I am not straight." 

She takes another gulp of air.

"I'm lesbian."

Ivan's eyes go wide, he didn't know what to think. He noticed that she looked frightened.  Regardless, he smiles and wraps his arms around his tiny sister. 

"Is that all? I thought you were going to tell me you murdered someone."

"You don't hate me?"

"Why would I? I love you!"

Natalia smiled, for once she felt like she had done something right. But there was something deep inside telling her that she still had to tell __. The battle wasn't over yet. 

Before Natalia went to sleep, she texts ___ asking her to meet in the school's garden at 8, before school. 

The next day, Natalia was shaking from head to toe. Her thin coat and uniform didn't help that it was winter. It was 7:56. 

Natalia told her brother about her plans, Ivan wished her the best of luck. And advised her that if __ didn't accept her, then ___'s not really her friend. 

Natalia tried to tell herself nothing was going to go wrong, but she was kind of counting on it. Well, not really trying to count on it. 

The moment she see's ___ coming into the garden, she goes stiff. 

"Hey, Nat! What's up?"

"Oh, well..."  Natalia rubs the back of her head. "I don't know how to say this." 

"You know English, right? Or even Russian or Belarusian." 

"I- I," Natalia pulls her hands to her skirt, she clings to the fabric. 

"I'm gay." She looks down. "And I think that I-... I love you."

___ laughs. 

Laughs?

"Geez, that took you long enough!" Natalia looks up, surprised. "I thought I would have to get a boyfriend to make you jealous! And can you imagine? Me getting a boyfriend? Ew." 

"Wait, what?"

"Come here, ya big dork."

___ leans into Natalia and presses her lips on hers. 

Once they separate, ___'s face is red.

"I've loved you ever since we've been friends." She smiles, "I kind of just accepted that you were straight but thank god, you aren't." 

Guess everything did turn out alright, very unexpected, though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey if u don't like lesbians pls leave. 

k thx bye.