Reader X Britain: Okay

Soldier!Cross-Dressing!Reader X Soldier!Britain

Request by: @Lady_Anime_The_Otaku (sorry for putting it up late!)

(b/n) = Boy name Like jeff or something, or just use or your normal name, I don't discriminate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur just joined the military, just in time for WW1. He was scared, yet excited. He was waiting for this moment since forever, his father was about ready to have him get married. Artie didn't exactly like that idea, so once he heard that a war was starting, it gave him the opportunity to escape.

Today was a normal day, the British Navy sitting around, just waiting for something to happen. His friend, (b/n) was yelling at a newbie for screwing up the barracks.

"I told you not to touch the fucking lofts! And what do you do? You move them! Do you have a brain, or don't you, Tomas?"

"I'm sorry Sir! It won't happen again."

"You better hope it doesn't."

Arthur decided that he'd better step in before (b/n) flew off the handle.

"We all know you're obsessed with how the barracks, but could you chill? The poor boy is pissing himself!"

"Tsk, sucks for him." (B/N) then walked away, grabbing a deck of cards.

Arthur couldn't help but wonder how (b/n)'s hands were so small.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a cold day, and the navy base was under fire. This doesn't happen a lot.

Arthur went to his place, "Damn Huns (Germans) U-boats."

(B/n) nodded, "You're lucky that American president didn't fuck up by allowing those Huns to be free roaming."

"I know, it's just... Why'd they have to attack us so early. It's 02:54 for bloody sake!"

"That's what you're angry about?"
(B/N) laughed, "I wish I had my priorities straight like you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nearing the end of WW1, everyone could feel the end coming.

"Say, Artie, what'll you do once we get out of this shit hole?"

"I guess my dad will want me to marry, I guess."

(b/n) grimaced "Really? Getting hitched at what, 25? That's stupid. Live a little."

"It isn't exactly my decision to decide."

"You're freakin' depressing, man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur found out by walking in while (b/n) was changing. Or, whatever her real name is.

When she came out of the bathroom, she took Arthur to the side, keeping her voice down.

"Arthur- there's only like two months of this war. Don't tell anyone."

"W-What's your..."

"It's (y/n)."

(y/n) patted Arthur on the shoulder, then left to do her daily duties. Arthur felt... Well, for once in his life he didn't know how to feel. He doesn't know if he should be happy that his closest *military* friend turned out to be a girl...

Maybe he shouldn't feel anything. (y/n) is still his friend, regardless of gender and maybe even more...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship was being attacked, again. Except it seemed as if the Germans were throwing in more than the British Navy thought.

"Shit! We've been hit over by the stern," (y/n) was running all over the place, "What should we do?!"

"(y-) I mean, (b/n), abandon ship."

"R-Right." (Y/n) then leaves to gather everyone she can find. . .

Arthur found himself on a different lifeboat than (y/n). "I hope she's okay.." Arthur mumbles to himself.

"Her? What do ya mean? The ship?"

"Of course, the ship." Arthur held his breath.

"Well bud. I don't think she's doing so well. At least we got off in time, yeah?"

"Yeah."

A few hours later. . .

After finally reaching shore, Arthur starts looking through the crowd of men to find (y/n). Arthur was tempted to yell out her name. But, he can't.

Because he finds her asleep under a tree. Arthur looks around, before sitting down next to the (h/c).

At least she was okay. Passed out but okay.

That's all Arthur could ever want.