"I got you." Ahad said, helping her.

"Thank you." Kanwal said in a serious tone and tried to leave, but Ahad wasn't planning to let her go.

"What's the rush?" He said, pulling her closer to him.

"I am hungry."

"Means I have to pour the chai myself?" He tilted his head.

Kanwal's jaws clenched and she struggled to free from Ahad's grip on her waist.

"I am going out, but will be back before dinner." Ahad said with a low chuckle and leaves her.

Kanwal rushed out the kitchen and Ahad watched her go, leaning against the shelf. When she was out of sight, Ahad checked the time on his wristwatch and walked out of the kitchen holding the glass of juice. He grabbed his car keys, phone, wallet and made his way towards the door, drinking the whole glass in one go. But as soon as his eyes landed on a familiar figure walking towards his house, Ahad quickly took several steps back and hid behind the door, until the figure walked to the other side of the mansion.

Ahad sighed in relief before running towards his car and drove out of the gates as fast as he can. He didn't want to meet that person, nor could he afford to be seen by her.

~*~

"I wasn't expecting Moosa Bhai to go to this extent." Said Owais in a serious tone as he is stepping out the elevator.

"He took advantage of my presence there. Maybe he was thinking of this from the start." Ahad was really sulking of the sudden change of plan.

Ahad made his appearance to ensure that they would know how serious the Black Eagles are in this field. Their side business has a stronghold in many areas and there is no way that they wouldn't cross their path. Ahad did his work very efficiently, but Moosa took one of their trusted men for SAFEKEEPING. It's not like Ahad mind it, but he could've told him.

"I'll be leaving first. Shahid, take the charge from here onwards." Said Owais. Shahid, who was behind them, nodded.

"Why is he taking charge? Where is Moosa?" Ahad asked.

"He said he wants to leave early." Answered Owais.

"I thought he was staying here for a little longer."

"He was-" Before Owais could finish his sentence, a very familiar voice reached Ahad's ears.

"Ahad!"

Tigress...???

"No wonder...." Ahad heard a faint mumble from Shahid.

Ahad ignored Mahnoor's voice and tried to leave. Moosa was in the same building and he wasn't in his best mood, plus, Ahad didn't want to confront her in front of his men.

"Wait, why are you running, COWARD?!" He heard Mahnoor's voice again.

"What?"

"Huh?"

Ahad heard both Shahid and Owais' voices and they both instantaneously halted their steps. Left with no choice, Ahad also stopped and turned around where Mahnoor was briskly walking towards him.

This girl is really stupid...

"What do you want?" Ahad frowned.

Mahnoor beamed a triumphant smile and asked, "Kanwal. How is she?"

"Alive." Ahad answered, hoping that she would get the hint and leave. He doesn't want her to be the centre of attention like this. But the Mahnoor he knows wasn't as wise.

"What do you mean 'alive'? What did you do to her?" Mahnoor frowned.

"I didn't do anything." Ahad also frowned as soon as he saw Moosa slowly approaching them. The look on his face was very different from usual, and his eyes' focus was Mahnoor.

"Then why don't you let her meet us or talk to us?" Mahnoor questioned Ahad but his mind wasn't there to listen to her. It was busy in calculating Moosa's movements. It was the first time he was witnessing Moosa in Mahnoor's presence, and for some reason, he wished that it never happened.

"Do you want to meet her?" Moosa asked, standing behind Mahnoor and Ahad resisted the urge to hide Mahnoor behind him.

"Of course I want to meet... her." Mahnoor turned to answer Moosa but lost her voice to complete the sentence.

Ahad noticed how Mahnoor's face turned pale and she clenched the corner of her dupatta.

She is scared...

Ahad thought. His frown deepened when he heard Shahid chuckle on Mahnoor's state.

"Come. I will take you." Moosa offered her.

What???

"No, no thanks. Kindly give me the address and I will go by myself some other day." Mahnoor answered nervously and started to take deep breaths like she was feeling the loss of air.

"What's the matter, tigress? You're not going to meet your friend?" Ahad tried to provoke Mahnoor. He knew how feisty she was, she would probably dash out of the mall in anger or mock back at Ahad to take her to Kanwal. But what he didn't expect was Owais, who was standing silently with them from the start but decided to spoke up just now.

"Ahad! Don't tease her. She is already scared." Owais said to Ahad and turned to Mahnoor. "You don't have to be afraid, no one will harm you, okay?"

"Call her parents and inform them I am taking her to Ahad's wife." Moosa said to Owais.

"NO!" Mahnoor screeched, gaining the attention of everyone in the food court. But it didn't bother Moosa even a bit. His focus remained on Mahnoor.

"No? Why not?" Moosa asked in a gentle voice, like how he talks to Shahina.

"It's... um... I-I... it's... getting l-l-late. I think it will be bet-t-te-r if I go ho-m-me now. I will mmm- meet her l-l-later." Mahnoor stuttered and that's when Ahad had enough. He silently took a few steps back and left the food court, but he couldn't leave the building without knowing what happened to Mahnoor.

Ahad sat in his car in the parking lot, lost in thought. His eyes were fixed on Moosa's vehicle, where his men were waiting for him. Soon he appeared with Mahnoor and Ahad started his car.

So this is how it would be...

Ahad thought as his car speed up towards the cemetery.

________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Hope you like your new year gift :)

Now, I will be not updating for two weeks, because of exams so.....wait patiently, please.
Oh! One more thing. The readers of YWABM don't comment like YRM readers so I don't know what you guys are thinking, what are you expecting and how is the story going. I am completely clueless about it and really want to know. So write your views on the comment. Especially on Ahad's character.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)