Chapter 30: Originals

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked curiously and she looked highly confused by his reaction to her. She'd expected him to be all over her. Internally, Damon was looking very forward to her death. Seeing her was making him beyond furious, though he kept that to himself. He would never give her the satisfaction of a reaction after what she'd done to him and his brother.

"I came back for you." Katherine answered - now he knew that was a rather huge lie, so he remained unaffected.

"What do you mean?" Damon tested confused, playing his part.

"I've had stuff to do since 1864, so I thought that this would be the perfect time for us to rekindle what we once had." Katherine answered and he stared at her for a moment then cracked up into laughter at howridiculous she was.

"That was a century and a half ago. Get over it already." Damon denied amused and her jaw fell open at his reaction.

"Excuse me?" She asked in disbelief.

"I have a girlfriend as does Stefan." Damon stated with amusement, fully enjoying the shock on her face that she was insignificant to them.

"What?" She asked shocked and he shrugged. Okay, so that was a slight fib but he still felt like he had a girlfriend.

"What did you expect? You fucked us both, got us turned then abandoned us to fend for ourselves and I'm just supposed to what? Swoon?" Damon snarked and she scowled at him.

"I was in danger!" She exclaimed.

"Running from Klaus." Damon agreed amused and she paled.

"How the hell do you know about that?" She gasped.

"Well, you're the doppelganger and you turned yourself to avoid being sacrificed. Everyone knows the story, Katherine." Damon pointed out and she looked like she might fall over in shock because she'd never told anyone that. "But, you'll be happy to know that Stefan and I got rid of Klaus. So, you're free." Damon added.

"You what?" She gasped as tears welled in her eyes at the thought of finally being free from his wrath.

"Mmhmm. He's gone forever." Damon confirmed. "Oh and fyi, it's rude to just walk into other people's houses without knocking." He stated and she shot him a look for being so unpleasant.

As Caroline and Tyler sat in the car, she got a text from Sheila.

Emily contacted me. Katherine is here already.

Caroline's eyes bugged then she disappeared out of the car in a blink without saying anything to Tyler, knowing that Damon needed to be informed.

Caroline walked into the boarding house and saw Damon standing pouring himself a drink and the curly haired bitch in question was sitting on the couch. Caroline then made a decision. Damon needed her with Katherine there.

"Hey." Damon greeted and she saw the mild nervousness in his eyes so she gave him a smile then wandered up to him and kissed him - Damon understood what she was doing. He felt a tiny bit pathetic at howrelieved he was that she'd done that.

"Hey, sweetie." Caroline smiled. "Isn't that Katherine?" She tested sceptically and Katherine cocked an eyebrow at her, though her expression showed that she wasn't pleased about the kissing.

"Mmhmm." Damon nodded. Damon was surprised that Caroline wasn't afraid, given that the brunette had smothered her with a pillow.

"How do you know that?" Katherine tested suspiciously.

"Stefan was going through stuff in storage and came across an old picture of you from 1864." Caroline lied - she didn't want Katherine to think either of them gave a rat's ass about her. Damon was a bit surprised at her lie too, but he didn't show it. Caroline then got a text and she fished out her phone and saw that it was Elijah texting her back.