Chapter 1: Going Back

Caroline wandered into the boarding house and found Stefan, Elena, Damon and Bonnie sitting there. It was the 4th of January and Elena had been a vampire for just over two months.

"What?" Caroline asked Elena annoyed as Elena had called to ask Caroline to come talk to them.

"Care, please talk to me." Bonnie pleaded.

"No. You're a traitor." Caroline glared at her as she hadn't spoken to Bonnie since she found out what Bonnie did.

"We'd all be dead if she hadn't done it, Barbie." Damon pointed out and Caroline shot him a look.

"Shut up, dumb ass." Caroline sniped annoyed surprising all of them that she would take that tone with Damon. "There were who knows how many other hybrids but you just had to choose Tyler." She fumed to Bonnie.

"We have a way to fix it. To fix everything." Bonnie placated.

"Oh, really? And how's that?" Caroline questioned dryly.

"Sending you back in time." Bonnie answered and Caroline just stared at her.

"Why me?" Caroline examined skeptically.

"Well, because Stefan disagrees with the plan, Elena won't be able to do it and I'm not sending Damon because he'll screw it up." Bonnie elaborated and Caroline scowled at her while Damon rolled his eyes at the witch.

"And when exactly do you want to send me back to?" Caroline tested.

"The day before Junior year." Bonnie responded and Caroline just stared at her like she was an idiot.

"And what exactly would I need to do?" Caroline asked.

"You need to get Damon to turn Elena straight away, that way Klaus can't break the curse and if the tomb isn't opened, Katherine won't find out about Elena, hence Klaus won't find out about her." Bonnie revealed and
Caroline's lip quivered a little with amusement then she cracked up into laughter. "What's so funny?"

"And how exactly am I supposed to get Damon to do anything? Oh, hi Damon, I'm from the future. I know that you have a star shaped birthmark on your ass. Please trust me." Caroline mocked amused and Damon scowled at her while Stefan, Bonnie and Elena laughed at that.

"It's not star shaped." Damon muttered.

"Yeah, it is." Caroline refuted and he deadpanned at her for arguing. "Would I still be a vampire?" She asked Bonnie.

"No." Bonnie shook her head and Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Right, and since Zack has all of the vervain, that'll work so well for me. You clearly haven't thought this through." Caroline muttered.

"Care, if you can do this, it'll save Tyler, Ric, your dad, my grams, Isobel, John, Jenna, Matt and who knows how many other people." Bonnie pushed and Caroline thought about that.

"And what about Anna? She wants to get her mother out." Caroline reminded Bonnie who nodded.

"If you go to my grams and let her read you, she'll understand everything that needs to change and she'll make sure that Anna doesn't get into the tomb." Bonnie promised.

"Then what? Do I come back here after that or do I stay in that time?" Caroline probed.

"It's up to you. You have 100 days to get everything done. On the 100th day, I'll contact you from here and you can decide whether you want to stay there or come back here." Bonnie explained and Caroline was quiet for a moment.

"I'll think about it. Sounds to me like you're just sending me because I'm the last expendable one left." Caroline retorted surprising them that she would say that then she turned on her heel and left the house in a blink.