Chapter 13: Still a Vampire at Heart

Stefan wandered up the stairs to Damon's room about an hour later. He started talking just as he opened the door.

"Hey, Damon? Can you come downstairs? I need your..." Stefan trailed off wide-eyed when he saw Caroline and Damon under the cover, Damon had no shirt on and Caroline was lying with her bare back to the door and she peeked over her shoulder at him, so that he wouldn't see her bare chest. "Oh... uh... sorry... uh..." He stuttered embarrassed that he'd walked in on them.

"What's up, Stefan?" Caroline inquired amused by Stefan being all weird about it and Damon was just smirking at his little brother. He was such a prude for an almost 162 year old vampire. How were they possibly related?

"Uh... well... I was just about to go out to hunt and was going to ask if Damon would do the drop with me. I don't think that I should be by myself when I do it the first time." Stefan rambled a little embarrassed.

"Do you know what the hell he's talking about?" Damon questioned Caroline amused.

"Yes." Caroline nodded. "Just let us get dressed. We'll be down in a minute." Caroline said and Stefan gave her a nod then left the room quickly and they were both amused at Stefan darting out of there the second that he could.

"Would you like to share with the class?" Damon teased and she giggled at his stupid phrase.

"He's going to up his tolerance for human blood by starting with a drop of it before he goes hunting, so that it's not a major shock to the system and he's starting that tonight." Caroline explained surprising him that Stefan would agree to any kind of human blood in his diet as he was always such a buzz-kill with regards to that.

"He should just stop with the bunny blood crap and feed like a vampire already." Damon rolled his eyes and she shot him a look for being so unsupportive.

"Damon, he is a ripper on human blood and we both know that you are well aware of that. I know that you don't care if he kills people but hedoes." Caroline said aggravated and he shot her an amused look for getting annoyed with him.

"They're only humans, Blondie. I don't understand why he cares if he kills people." Damon replied and she rolled her eyes at him being entirely unhelpful as usual then climbed out of bed and pulled her clothes on.

"Fine, I'll go help him then." Caroline replied and he chuckled at the fact she was in a little mood with him.

"Have fun with that." Damon smirked and she chuckled.

"You're an ass." Caroline said amused and he winked at her then she hurried into the bathroom to wash her hands then left his room while Damon stayed in bed basking in his post-coital bliss. He was seriously into the little blonde. He enjoyed her company, had fun with her - and he couldn't deny that the sex was amazing. He couldn't wait to experiencevampire Caroline. He grinned at the thought.

Caroline hurried down to the library where Stefan was sitting with Elena and she wandered up to them.

"Hey." Caroline smiled when she saw them.

"Sorry about..." Stefan trailed off pointing upstairs with an apologetic expression.

"Has anyone ever told you that you worry too much?" Caroline teased and Stefan and Elena chuckled at her just not giving a crap about it.

"Is Damon coming down?" Elena queried. She was a little worried about Caroline in all honesty, considering that Elena would have a hard enough time controlling herself without trying to help her with Stefan and she didn't know how he would react to the drop of human blood that Caroline was going to give him. She thought that Caroline might be safer with Damon there.