Chapter 4: Comet Party

Past

Elena knocked on the front door of the Salvatore house the following day and seconds later, Damon answered the door.

"Oh. Hello." Elena greeted, surprised to see someone other than Zack or Stefan.

"You must be Elena." Damon remarked while holding out his hand.

"I... yes, how did you know?" She asked taking his hand.

"I'm Damon. Stefan's brother. He told me about you." He answered while shaking her hand.

"He didn't tell me that he had a brother." She commented and he smirked.

"Stefan doesn't like to brag." He winked and she giggled. "Would you like to come in? Stefan should be home any minute."

"Thanks." She smiled then he let her in and they walked into the house.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked her.

"Uh... sure. Do you have a soda or something?" She inquired.

"Let me check. Make yourself at home." He motioned to the couch and she nodded then he wandered over to the kitchen as she sat down.

Present

Elena and Damon looked at each other surprised at the very different interaction from the first time they 'met'.

"That's really different." Elena noted.

"Hmm." Damon agreed thoughtfully wondering how it would all play out.

Past

Damon re-entered the room from the kitchen to where Elena was sitting on the couch.

"Coke okay?" He asked holding up a can.

"That's great. Thanks." She smiled and he set down the glass and can in front of her then Stefan came in through the front door and spotted them.

"Elena." He said wide-eyed at the fact she'd been alone with Damon.

"Good, you're here." Damon said. "Elena came to see you." Damon remarked as he grabbed his jacket and Stefan looked at him surprised.

"You're leaving?" Stefan questioned him sceptically.

"Mmhmm. Got a blonde to go see." Damon smirked then pulled the jacket on and Stefan just looked highly confused. "Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you around, Elena."

"Nice to meet you, Damon." Elena smiled.

"Likewise. Later, brother." Damon said then swaggered right out of the house and Stefan watched him go - shocked that he seemingly hadzero interest in Elena.

Caroline was in her room quickly doing her homework. She'd done it before, so she got through it quickly. She was kind of annoyed with herself for not thinking far enough ahead to bring her completed homework with her into the past, so that she wouldn't have to do it all over again but she didn't dwell on it. She heard a tap on the window and looked up to see Damon at her window and she snickered then went over to the window and opened it.

"What's up?" She examined.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He teased.

"Is there a reason that I should?" She countered and he smirked at the feisty little blonde.

"Thought we were going to talk strategy?" He asked fake innocently and she laughed at his expression.

"And that requires you to be in my room?" She joked and he chuckled - he liked the banter with her.