Chapter Twenty One

Andy's POV

We are having a girl.
Not I'm. This was Valeri. Not Julliette.
She finally admitted it. I'm a little angry at her for keeping it from me, but I still know what it felt like for her to be dead. I don't want to lose her again. I won't allow it, because I love her. We are having a child. A baby girl that I would like to call Annie. I couldn't piss Val off right now if I wanted to keep her.

"This is amazing. I get to be a dad, Val." I lean over towards her and peck her forehead.

"How did you get over me so fast, Andy?" I know what she's talking about. The condom. Gross, "Ashley."

"Makes sense," she beams at me with that gorgeous smile of hers, "I love you." It makes me ecstatic to hear this. I have a plan, but I want to mend this relationship. It won't work out if we don't talk about it.

"Thank you, doctor. Is there anything else?" Val waits for the doctor to answer. "No, Ms. Ward. You may leave now. Just wipe the jelly off of your belly."

Val laughs a little bit at the woman's unintended rhyming before she was handed a towel. She rubbed her belly gently getting all the gel off. "Val, I'll drive you home. Just tell me when you're ready to go."

"Just let me get the pictures and I'll be ready," She looks me in the eyes and kisses me full on my lips. She caught me by surprise, "we need to talk later though."

We ended up talking about names. I wanted to call her Annie. Val wasn't sure. We got everything straightened out and we made a promise to each other that we would tell the truth from now on, but I also told her that I didn't feel comfortable being with her right now because she's not stable.

I wasn't about to break it. I wasn't about to break her.

Val's POV

"ANDREW I'M GOING TO FUCKING BASH YOUR HEAD IN!"

Don't get me wrong, I love him but how in the hell could he do this to me? It's been months since we found out we were having a baby girl. And now, these contractions are kicking my ass.

I feel like my back is being crushed. My stomach is being torn apart. My lower area, that's the worst. Someone fucking shoot me. What did I do to deserve this? Nothing. Except have sex. And it's his fault.

I can hardly think right now, I just want this little shit out of my body.

Andy's POV

"ANDY I'M GOING TO FUCKING BASH YOUR HEAD IN!"

Violent much? It is 3:27 in the morning and she's in labor. Did she HAVE to do it right now? I had to be here for my daughter's birth though. I wouldn't miss it for the world, even if Val - Julliette and I haven't talked since she revealed her fake death and shit. She's fucking crazy. And she's proved that several times.

I was beyond pissed. And broken. How could anyone make someone who loves you think you're dead. And because of them? Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, leaving her on her own. Only showing up for appointments. She lived with Christian still, so it's not like she was homeless. Her home just wasn't at my house anymore.

She was broken too, but I was so shocked that she would fake her own death just to get away from me. I felt like I was a monster at the time, but I don't anymore. The time away from her and knowing what she did helped me realize that she doesn't care about anyone but herself. How would she care for our child? I was only there because she is unfit to be a mother. I need custody.

"ANDREW YOU FUCKING DID THIS TO ME! GET. IT. OUT. NOW!"

She is squeezing my hand so hard I think it's turning purple. I can't even look. I love her and all, but I just can't wait for this to be over. The only name I thought of for our daughter was Annie. I haven't thought about them since I came up with the name. Oh well, Val will name her..."Val, I have to call family. I'll be back." I walk out of the room and pull my phone out, dialing my mother's phone number. I rings for a little bit before she picks up, "Andy! Is she here yet? Am I getting custody?"