Chapter 19

Percy's POV
Once I made eye contact with the goddess, I forgot everything. Who I was. Why I'm here. How to talk.

The goddess was wearing a red satin dress. Her flawless, ever changing hair was in beautiful curls but then super straight and then in small braids with small flowers in it. Her makeup was perfectly done.

She reminded me of my old school crush when I was in 4th grade and then my celebrity crush of 5th grade. But when the goddess smiled, my brain quickly thought of (Y/N).

In fact, the more I thought about (Y/N), the more the goddess started to look like her. Her silky (H/C) hair. Her beautiful (E/C) eyes that sparkle in the light.

"Ah, there you are, Percy. I am Aphrodite." The goddess of love introduced herself. "Please sit down."

I sat down across from her.

"Um uh gah." I said, or at least I think that's what I said.

"Aww. You're just too sweet. Here," Aphrodite said as she handed me a big mirror, "hold this please."

She started to put more lipstick even though her makeup was already perfect.

"Do you know why you're here?" The goddess asked.

I pinched my arm, hard.

"Uhhhhh." I said. "I-I don't know."

"Still in denial, aren't you?" Aphrodite said.

I could hear Ares chuckle outside of the limo and this made me angry, helping me clear my mind a little.

"I'm here to rescue Artemis. She's been captured. She was tracking a monster." I said.

Aphrodite rolled her eyes and groaned.

"I'm pretty sure that's why the others are on this quest. Why is it always some monster? And if you're going to kidnap a goddess, she has to be breathtakingly beautiful, don't you think?" Aphrodite said as she dabbed a bit more mascara.

'Is she for real?'

"But I'm asking you, Percy." Aphrodite said. "Why are you on this quest?"

I didn't want to answer her at first, but her captivating (E/C) eyes drew an answer right out of me.

"(Y/N)." I said immediatly. "She's been captured. She needs me."

"There you go!" Aphrodite said as she started to fix her hair. "Oh this is a classic D.I.D scenario."

"D.I.D?" I asked, confused.

"Damsel In Distress of course." She said as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

(A/N):Anyone know where I got this reference. Hint: Disney Hercules)

"I have to help her. The Oracle gave me a prophecy on how to save her and then I had dreams about her."

"Awww," Aphrodite cooed. "That is so cute. You two are definitely my new OTP. And that's why I'm on your side Percy."

"How?" I asked.

"Well, I helped you get on this quest." She said. "The poisoned shirt the Stoll brothers gave to Phoebe. Annabeth's invisibility cap that she supposedly left for you. Your pegasus, Blackjack, was sent to find you. Helping you sneak out of Camp?"

"You did all that?"

"Well duh! You are not on a quest to save Artemis and find some monster. Talk about boring. But a quest to save your girlfriend is quite interesting. I mean you do know she was thinking about joining the Hunt?"