Chapter 28

(Y/N)'s POV
"What?" I asked them. I couldn't help but blurt out that question all of a sudden.

Zeus cleared his throat, and turned to look at Athena.

"So this is her? She is the one we have been waiting for thousands of years. The one of the Ancient Prophecy?"

'Ok what is this freakin Ancient Prophecy everyone is talking about?'

"I am certain that she is."

"Are you sure?" Dad asked Athena. "Like 110% positive?"

"Hey, timeout. If this has something to do with me, will you please explain what the Ancient Prophecy is about?"

Everyone looked at Zeus for the explanation.

"When the first Titan War was over, the Oracle prophesied that Kronos will rise again. She gave out two prophecies. The Great and Ancient Prophecy. You already know about the Great Prophecy, obviously." Zeus said. "But only few know about the Ancient Prophecy."

'So that's what Nereus and Atlas meant by that prophecy...'

"The Ancient Prophecy is for the Child of Blessings and we think it might be you."

"How?"

"(Y/N) do you remember when you came to see me at Mount Tamalpais." Artemis said.

"Yeah. What about it?"

"When we talked, your emotions changed drastically. Your emotional outbreak caused you to grow stronger."

I remembered that.

"But that still doesn't explain how I could be the one of the prophecy."

Everyone looked at Athena, who unrolled the old papyrus scroll. She cleared her throat and read it out loud.

"The Child of Blessings will come,
as a daughter of the sun.
Cursed from the Time Lord,
from within her, potential is stored."

She finished reading but I knew there was supposed to be more than just that.

"What's the rest of the prophecy?" I asked.

"That we don't know. There are two parts of the Ancient Prophecy. We only have the first part so we could confirm the Child of Blessings' identity. The rest is only for you. When the time is right, you will have the rest of the prophecy and fulfill it." Athena explained.

I didn't know what to say. Part of me wanted to say that I'm not the one of this so called Ancient Prophecy, but the other part of me is saying that I am. I'm a daughter of Apollo, god of the sun. And I've been cursed by Kronos, the lord of time.

"Umm what did it mean by 'potential is stored'?"
I asked.

This time everyone looked at Apollo, who was fiddling with the cord of his headphones. He looked up and saw that all eyes were on him.

"What?" He asked.

The gods rolled their eyes and I could of swore some say "Like father, like daughter."