Chapter 1

Percy's POV
This is embarrassing, having my mom drive me to my battles. Especially when she kept telling my girlfriend, (Y/N), and my other friends (Thalia and Annabeth) on how cute I was in the bathtub when I was 3.

My face was red from all these stories. Don't get me wrong. I love my mom but if she keeps telling me how cute I was as a baby with my Nemo toy I was going to get out of the car, bury myself in the snow, and freeze to death. The car finally stopped, I looked out the window to see Westover Hall.

"All right do y'all have my cell phone numbers? Extra sweaters?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson and don't worry we'll keep Percy out of trouble." My girlfriend, (Y/N), said while glancing at me. I rolled my eyes in response.

This made my mom relax a little.

"All right, dears, do you have everything you need?" My mom asked.

"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Mom-"

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys." I said as I got out of the car.

(Y/N)'s POV
Sally looked hurt when Percy snapped at her. And I felt bad. We all got out of the car. We said our goodbyes to Sally before she drove away.

"Your mom is so cool, Percy." Thalia said as we all walked towards the entrance of the Westover Hall.

Percy was right by my side, as always.

"She's pretty ok. What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?" Percy asked.

Big mistake. Thalia stopped walking and glared at Percy with her intense blue eyes. Annabeth and I looked at each other nervously.

"If that was any of your business, Percy-"

"We'd better get inside. Grover will be waiting." Annabeth said as she cut off Thalia.

Thalia looked at the castle and shivered.

"You're right. I wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call."

I looked at the dark towers of Westover Hall.

"Nothing good." I said as we entered the creepy building.