Chapter 8

Percy's POV
We all climbed into the bus. The Hunters were all in the back, trying to stay away from us as possible.

"So who wants to drive?" Apollo asked, trying to act happy but you could hear a little sadness in his voice.

I didn't blame him.

"Me! Me!" Nico asked, jumping up and down in his seat.

Apollo shook his head.

"Nope. Too young."

"Pick me!" Grover said while desperately waving his hands.

"No. Too furry."

Apollo glanced at Thalia.

"Thalia! Daughter of Zeus! Perfect."

"Um, no thanks." Thalia said.

"Oh, come on now. How old are you?" Apollo asked.

"I-I don't know." Thalia said sadly.

Sadly it was true. She was turned into a tree when she was 12 to prevent her from dying. That was 7 years ago. Right now she should be 19 but she looks somewhere in between those ages.

Apollo narrowed his eyes at her.

"You're 15, almost 16. Birthday is next week. December 22."

"R-really?! I'm 15 and that's my birthday!" Thalia said happy, finally knowing her birthday.

"Meaning you're old enough to drive with a learner's permit." Apollo said, while tossing the keys at her.

Thalia caught the keys easily.

"Um I don't-"

"Come on now. You're Zeus's kid. It's not like he's going to last you out of the sky." Apollo laughed, while we looked at each other nervously.

'Might want to hang on to something...'

~

"Right there!" Apollo pointed while still hanging on tightly to the seat. "Camp Half-Blood is dead ahead."

I looked out the window. Camp Half-Blood came into view.

"I'm under control. I'm under control." Thalia muttered over and over again.

"Ok now brake." Apollo said.

"I can do this." Thalia said.

We were about to crash.

"BRAKE!" Everyone yelled.

Thalia slammed on the brake. The sun bus crashed into Camp Half-Blood canoe lake.

"Well," Apollo said trying to stand up. "You were right. You had everything under control."

He opened the door and we all got off the bus, a little sick from our ride on the sun bus.

I was surprised that it was snowing in Camp because of the magic climate control. The cabins were decorated with tiny flickering lights that look like balls of fire depending on the cabin. Ares was red, Poseidon was blue, Apollo was gold, Aphrodite was pink, etc.

"Woah." Nico said as he looked at Camp. "This is so cool!"

"Tell Chiron we will be in Cabin 8. Hunters, follow me." Zoe said.