Chapter 5

Percy's POV
The Hunter set up camp quickly. Wolves and falcons were guarding the camp. The wind died down and the snow stopped falling.

I kept thinking how it really was my fault that (Y/N) is gone. I remember that she wanted to tell me something important during our dance, and now I might never find out.

I thought about our dance and how she said without music life is just a mistake. Well to me it's different. Without (Y/N), my life is just a mistake.

I saw Thalia and Annabeth at the edge of camp. Thalia was pacing back and forth while Annabeth was sitting on the snow, hugging her knees. Both of them were staring at Westover Hall.

One of the Hunters finally brought me my backpack and also (Y/N)'s backpack. I looked through (Y/N)'s backpack but found nothing unusual. I kept (Y/N)'s bracelet in my pocket. It felt heavier for some reason.

Grover and Nico finally came from the woods and walked towards me. Grover gave me an ambrosia square. It tasted like homemade brownies my mom makes. All the tiny cuts I had started to heal. My head injury stopped pounding.

Nico looked through his backpack that the Hunters brought to him. He took out a bunch of figurines. The figurines were of the Greek gods and heroes. I recognized Zeus with a lightning bolt, Ares with a spear, and Apollo with his sun chariot.

"Big collection." I said.

Nico grinned.

"Thanks. I've got almost all of them, plus their holographic cards! Except for a few really rare ones." Nico said.

He looked at me with excitement in his eyes.

"Hey, can I see that sword you were using?" He asked.

I grabbed Riptide from my pocket and explained how it can turn into a sword just by uncapping it.

"That's so cool!" He said. "Are you really the son of Poseidon?"

"Um yeah."

"So does that me you can surf really well?"

I saw that Grover was trying not to laugh.

"I've never actually really tried, Nico."

"Who's (Y/N)'s godly parent?"

"She's the daughter of Apollo."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

Before I could say anything, Zoe came up to us. She looked at me as if I was a pile of dirty laundry.

"Percy Jackson, come with me. Lady Artemis wishes to speak with thee."

~

I followed Zoe into a silvery tent. I entered and saw Bianca sitting next to Artemis.

"Join us, Percy Jackson." The goddess said.

I sat down in front of her. She looked-more like inspected me making me a bit uncomfortable. She sighed.

"If only she joined sooner." Artemis muttered.

"Um what?"

"My niece. (Y/N). She would still be here. I could've prevented all of this."

"Oh." Was all I said.

I looked at Zoe who was still glaring daggers at me.

'What's her problem?'

"You must forgive my Hunters. It is very rare that we have boys in this camp. Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with my Hunters. The last one to see this camp..."