Chapter 24

(Y/N)'s POV
Once Atlas said those words, I saw Percy look at him and then at Zoe, as if he could see the family resemblance.

"Let Artemis go." Zoe demanded.

Atlas walked towards the chained goddess.

"Perhaps you'd like to take the sky for her, then? Be my guest." He said.

The Huntress opened her mouth to say something, but Artemis protested.

"No! Do not offer, Zoe! I forbid you." The goddess said.

Atlas chuckled darkly as he knelt next to Artemis. He tried to touch her face, but the goddess almost bit his fingers off.

"You see, daughter?" Atlas said. "Lady Artemis likes her new job. I think I will have all the Olympians take turns carrying my burden, once Lord Kronos rules again, and this is the center of our palace. It will teach those weaklings some humility."

I was staring at Artemis, feeling sorry for her, but those feelings were pushed aside when the voice of Kronos was heard in my head.

"Do not get distracted now, (Y/N) Solace. Your time to get rid of Percy Jackson is near."

I looked back at Percy Jackson. His sea green eyes were staring at me. His lips were parted as if he wanted to say something to me. Probably some lie.

Percy's POV
(Y/N) stared right back at me. I wanted to go up to her and hug her, telling her I'm sorry that I let her down and that it's all my fault she's in this mess.

But I couldn't, at least not right now. She's still under the control of Kronos, and knowing Kronos he must have manipulated (Y/N) into believing that we're the enemy.

"(Y/N) held the sky, didn't she?" Thalia asked.

I nodded still keeping my eyes on her.

"The weight should've killed her."

"I don't understand." I said. "Why can't Artemis just let go of the sky?"

Atlas laughed.

"How little you understand, young one. This is the point where the sky and the earth first met, where Ouranos and Gaea first brought forth their mighty children, the Titans. The sky still yearns to embrace the earth. Someone must hold it at bay, or else it would crush down upon this place, instantly flattening the mountain and everything within a hundred leagues. Once you have taken the burden, there is no escape. Unless someone else takes it from you. "

I remembered the dream when (Y/N) helped Luke carried the sky. Then how Artemis offered to carry the sky for (Y/N). All of them were willing to hold the burden of holding the sky for others, the people they care about, except for Luke who just cares for himself. But (Y/N) cared for Luke just as how Artemis cared for her, and now Zoe was willing to do the same for the goddess.

"So these are the best heroes of the age, eh? Not much of a challenge" Atlas scoffed as he looked at me and Thalia.

"Fight us and let's see." I said.

Atlas only rolled his eyes.

"You should know the Ancient Laws, demigod." Atlas sneered. "No immortal can fight directly to a mortal. It is beneath our dignity. But don't worry, someone else will take care of you."

"So you're another coward." I said.

"It takes a coward to know another coward." (Y/N) retorted as she glared at me.

Ouch that hurt.

"As I said before, I will not kill you. Believe me I would love to kill you, but I'm afraid those aren't my orders." He then motioned towards (Y/N). "You're little girlfriend will finish you off."