Epilogue

It worked.

Eva was executed in my place and no one is the wiser.

The third event is complete. 

Duke Forrester places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes gently. He came to get me this morning so I could watch the fruition of my hard work. He even congratulated me on a job well done. I told Eva he would find his way into a cell and he will, soon.

I wipe a tear from my face as I watch Nate fall beside what he thinks is my body. My heart breaks as I watch him gently caress my face. I didn't want him to see this.

I see a guard reach for him only to meet resistance. Curiously, the psychandrite has formed a shield around Nate preventing the guards from pulling him away from me. It can sense his emotional pain and it is trying to protect him, or maybe his pain is more than just emotional, it's physical too. The psychandrite is protecting him the only way it knows how, shielding him from the world.

"Come, we have work to do," Forrester's voice cuts through my thoughts.  I follow him out of the square like the good little daughter I'm pretending to be.

I'm Eva Forrester now. 

 Everyone thinks I'm pregnant with Nate's child 

The rebels think I'm one of them. They think I'm pregnant with the first Hargreave king in hundreds of years.

They couldn't be more wrong.

I have a plan and no one will see me coming.

A/N:

And that is the end of Hunting Royalty.  I mentioned at the start of the book that I was inspired by a line from a song:

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."

I hope you can now see the influence it had, though, the story kind took on it's own life and was constantly evolving in my head.  

I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.