20. Bedrooms and Bleeding Hearts

This is what imagine Nate's bedroom looks like.  Also Hunting Royalty has reached 1000 reads!!!!!  Thank you to all my wonderful readers, I'll be doing a double update to celebrate <3 <3 <3 

I've never been to Nate's room before, since I rejected him a part of me is afraid that he won't look at me the same way as he did before. I knock twice. His guard opens the door and steps back allowing me to enter.

His room is grand and elegant furnished in dark blues and grays, with silver trimmings. I love it. I don't see him in the outer sitting room so I wander further into his rooms, I open a connecting door and enter his bedroom.

He standing in front of a full-length mirror trying to tie a cravat, I walk over to him and take the ends from his hands. I deftly fold the ends around each other before tucking one underneath and bring it back though and tightening it.  My fingers graze his throat and I see him swallow.  I adjust the knot until it is perfectly center, the whole time I work we are completely silent.

I see him swallow again before he clears his throat, "Shall we go?" I nod. I still haven't found my voice and I'm feeling extremely awkward. I follow Nate out into the sitting room and one of his guards casts a portal before stepping through it. Nate touches the middle of my back and guides me through, the cold slides over my skin, the only warmth comes from Nate's hand.

We emerge in an intimate dining room; the walls are a rich red and adorned with gold framed portraits. A large chandelier hangs over the table and candlesticks are spaced along the table. Red velvet cushions furnish dark wooden chairs, a white tablecloth coats the table and it is set with crystal glasses and fine china.

We are the first guests to arrive, it'll give me a chance to talk to his parents. Nate introduces me to his mother, Queen Laurelle, and we chat about pleasantries for a while. I find it hard to get a read on her, I can't be sure if she loves me or hates me. Nate leaves me to chat while he greats guests with his father.

The dignitaries are slowly trickling in; I keep an eye on the door waiting for Stefano to arrive. The queen notices my attention has wandered. "Are you looking for someone?" she inquires.

"Yes actually, a friend of mine is coming tonight, I haven't seen him in months." I turn back to her and engage her in conversation so she doesn't think I'm ignoring her.

"Alia," a male voice rings out across the room. Perfectly on time. A delighted smile adorns my face as I skip back across the room. We kiss each other once on each cheek before embracing in a long hug. Our little show has already gathered the attention of the few people in the room.

"Stefano! It's has been too long, how have you been?" I ask in Itarian.

He links his arms though mine and steers me to an intrigued looking king and a very jealous prince. "I'm working on feeling better, seeing your beautiful face definitely makes it easier," he responds in his native language for the pair to overhear.

"You're such a flirt Stef," I say switching back to my own language. I see Nate's jaw clench at my use of a nickname.

"Isn't this wonderful, I didn't know you too were acquainted," the king chimes in.

Stefano's expression immediately changes. "We have known each other for years. I want it to be clear, the only reason I am here is because Alia asked me, as a personal favor to her. Nothing more."

The king's expression hardens slightly, "I understand of course, we were so sorry to hear of Princess Violetta's death. It was a true tragedy." The king's words only anger Stefano more.

"Come on, I think I see Edwardo. Let's go see if he remembers me." I steer him away and into a private corner. "I'm sorry, I should never have roped you into this."