36. Swimming and Shocks

"I had the best time, Kayden is amazing," Amelia gushes about her date last night while we wait for everyone to arrive.

"Where did you go?" Michaela asks.

"We went to one of his favorite restaurants in Itaria before we watched the sunset over the ocean from the cliffs of Casabria. It was so romantic," she says.

"Wow, you guys really went all over," Eva says.

"Well, it's really easy with his gift," Amelia explains.

Blue mist shimmers as a portal expands into existence near my window. Sam and a pretty blonde girl exit first carrying overnight bags followed by Dec, Sean and Cole. "Hey," Sam says giving me a one-armed hug and dropping his bag onto the floor. "This is my sister, Cassy," he introduces the blonde, now I look closer, I notice they have the exact same shade of green eyes. "She claims you owe her for the kitten," he whispers conspiratorially.

"You do," she smiles at me.

"The more the merrier, I'm Alia," I introduce myself and smile back at her, I like her attitude, we'll get along just fine.

"So is everyone here?" Sam asks looking around at everyone crammed onto my sitting room.

"We're just waiting on Nadia," I say checking the clock on the wall, she's a few minutes late.

I greet the other guys and they remind me of some of my drunker moments from the last party. I'm burning with embarrassment and hoping that they are just making up the last story about me standing on the table dancing, when I hear a knock at the door. 

"I should get that," I run away from their chuckles and lung for the door.  I pull it open and nearly slam it shut in surprise. "What are you doing here?" I demand a little too harshly.

"I'm here for your party," Nate grins at me as he barges past me into my room, Matthew gives me an apologetic smile and follows him in along with four of Nate's guards.

"I didn't invite you!" I shout into the quietened room.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Nadia enters the still open door and gives me a hug, she pulls back and gives me a sly smile, "I hope you don't mind but I invited Nate and Matt."

I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. I've been looking forward to this get away, with the exception of Eva, I thought it would be a good post break up relaxing weekend. An arm snakes around my waist from behind and my eyes pop open.

"Relax, we can use this weekend to push Nate's buttons," Sam whispers in my ear, "It's fun making that muscle in his jaw twitch like that." I subtly look at Nate and notice the twitch he's talking about is in full force and is combined with clenched fists and death glare.

"Careful or it'll be off with your head," I whisper back and pull away from him. "Ok grab your things, I guess we should go," I raise my voice so everyone can hear. I grab my own bag and reach for one of my long-distance portals, I cast it and head through it first.

I arrive in an internal courtyard with a pool in the center, small mosaic tiles cover the floor with cream plaster walls. Arches line the perimeter of the courtyard making a walkway around the edge. It's beautifully decorated with trees, cushion lined seating areas and hanging rectangular glass lanterns. I love this place.

I step aside to allow the others to follow me through the portal, and step over to the side of the pool and nudge the head of the person lounging on the steps with my foot. "Guest are arriving," I inform Kayden, he groans but he starts to move.

I wave over a foot man, "Can you take this up to my room?" He nods and turns towards the nearest door. I take a glass of punch from another footman and turn back towards my guests. Everyone has made it through the portal and are now looking around curiously.