Chapter 36

Wooot! here it is!!!! The second half of the crossover and holy crap it's long. Kelsey, we really need to learn how to not write novels for every chapter.

Anyway, once again all characters from Just What I Needed belong to chooseitwisely along with all dialogue and witty remarks so as much as I'd like to take credit, it was not my brain that came up with them.

All right so here you guys go! Enjoy! Auf Weidersein! Good night!

Chapter 36

“Okay so let me get this straight,” I said as we moved steadily down the darkened New York City sidewalks. “Seth and Mac are in jail, drunk, and we’re going to bail them out,” I eyed the box of donuts in Keely’s hands doubtfully, “and this police station takes Visa, Mastercard and...Krispy Kreme?”

Keely shrugged and jumped lightly over a mound of snow in the middle of the sidewalk. “As well as, you want one?” she asked, opening the lid and offering me one. “Because if The Simpsons is any indication, they won’t last long in there.”

I chuckled and shook my head. “I think I’ll pass,” I said, tugging my blazer a little tighter around myself, feeling the chill more now that the sun was gone. “So, what’s with the donuts anyway? Are we bribing the cops because I’m not entirely sure I’m comfortable with that,” I said, inwardly wincing at the thought of being in trouble with the law again.

She shut the box and eyed the building ahead of us, a slight look of trepidation in her eyes as she said, “Not bribing. Last time I bailed Seth out from this place, they told me Colton and Marco usually bring donuts and I promised I would next time. I didn’t think I’d actually be doing it but at least now I have money from the tours. Before, bailing him out pretty much bankrupted me.”

I bit my lip hard, eyeing the police station we were now stopped right in front of, the brick walls and barred windows reminding me a little too much of the station I’d been brought to when I was nine. I blinked a couple times, trying to calm my racing heart and focus on what Keely was saying. “Last time?” I asked, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my stomach as we walked forward. “Seth’s done this before?”

“I’ve only bailed him out once and then the other two times, I was kind of with him,” she said nonchalantly, making me smile weakly for a brief moment. “But I’m pretty sure, from what Colton and Marco say, he was getting arrested for stupid little things a lot before I moved here.”

“Oh,” I said breathlessly, my mind going blank as we walked through the metal doors and into the small station. I sucked in a quick breath, casting a glance over my shoulder wishing I could wait outside but after a beat, I faced forward, eyeing the cop behind the desk warily.

His bushy eyebrows drew together as recognition lit his gaze. “Keely?” he asked, his eyes briefly landing on me before returning to her. “Did Seth actually call you or did you just pick up the wrong phone again?”

She gave a small smile as she moved up to the counter. “This time it wasn’t a mistake,” she said as the cop looked at me curiously. Keely glanced over her shoulder at me and said, “Oh, she’s here for Mac...”

“Parker,” I supplied, surprised when my voice came out sharply, almost angry, my distrust of cops making an appearance. I cleared my throat and shook my head, telling myself to relax. “What did he do?” I asked, my voice coming out more normal this time as I advanced towards the desk until I was standing next to Keely.

The cop shuffled a few papers on his desk before saying, “Ah, Ryan and Parker were picked up for drunk and disorderly as well as disturbing the peace. They got in a bar fight but no one has pressed charges so far.”