one hundred and five ; late arrival

the sounds of giggles and half-hearted protests leak through the apartment as josh bursts into the bathroom, taking mia by surprise as she's about to put in eyeliner, and begins tickling her.

"you're gonna make me mess up!" mia yells while swatting at josh. "quit it!"

josh, who's arms are wrapped around his wife's waist, nuzzles his cheek against hers and continues tickling her sides. "nope!"

"joshua!" she squeals. her body jolts and her hips hit the sink counter, which isn't something that feels too great.

as soon as he hears her let out a sigh of displeasure, josh stops tickling mia and instantly shifts into a state of worry. his happy smile falls and becomes replaced with wide eyes. "are you okay? did you get hurt?"

she shakes her head, rubbing at her hip. "i just bumped the counter. thanks a lot, jerk."

"m'sorry, babe," josh lets off a soft laugh and kisses mia's forehead. "i didn't mean to be so rough. i was just messing around."

"you made me mess up my wing," she pouts, inspecting her reflection in the mirror. "it was almost perfect, too."

as much as he wants to roll his eyes at his wife's dramatics, josh refrains and pouts shyly instead. "well i still think you look beautiful."

"but the wing, josh."

"let me make it up to you," he suggests while stepping behind her. he slides his hands around her hips and starts slowly kissing the side of her neck while simultaneously nudging mia back against him.

"c'mon," she laughs breathlessly. "i gotta finish getting ready."

"but you already look so gorgeous," he says. he moves her hair aside and gently brings his lips back to mia's neck, littering kisses of increasing pressure. he lives for the way her breathing hitches, how her cheeks start to flush.

"we're gonna be late to our own party."

"s'okay," he shrugs. "we're late to everything. fifteen more minutes won't make a difference."

"fifteen, huh?" she muses, raising a disbelieving eyebrow. "that's cutting it short. you don't like to be rushed."

josh grins, cheeks blushing. it's not a hidden fact that when it comes to sex, he likes taking his time. "i can make it quick."

mia decides to believe him.

___________

"we're so late."

"we're not that late," insists josh, mostly because he knows it's his fault but also because he doesn't wanna see his wife look so damn upset.

but when she cuts him a sideways glance, he realizes it's better to just agree.

"okay," he nods slowly. "so we're a little late. that's okay, though. the party starts when we arrive, right?"

mia doesn't say anything.

josh finds a spot to park and cuts the engine. "baby?" he tries again, slowly unbuckling his seatbelt.