ninety two ; the mysterious mystery of baby joseph

after listening to jenna's fourth minute of goo-goo-gaga-baby-talk, mia clears her throat loudly.

the blonde girl looks up from her stomach at her best friend innocently, beckoning a quiet, "what?"

"you're doing it again," states mia. she's sitting beside jenna in one of the hospital waiting room chairs. this is a big appointment for jenna - it's the one where they'll tell her the sex of the baby.

upon hearing mia's critical comment, jenna scowls. "i'm just talking to the baby. they like hearing my voice."

"you sound like you're signaling a family of whales," mia blinks, not even phased by her best friend's behavior this far along. there are a few days until christmas ( and mia and josh's anniversary ) and baby joseph is nearing to be five months. 

the blonde girl giggles. "oh shut up, you'll understand when you get pregnant."

"yeah, cause that's happening anytime soon," mia rolls her eyes.

"i'm a little sad about that, if i'm being honest," admits jenna with her hands cradling her stomach. "i wish we were pregnant together - that'd be so cute."

the brunette nibbles on her bottom lip thoughtfully. she would be lying if she said that the thought of being pregnant doesn't make her lips quirk up in a smile. having little dun babies with josh that would have his wrinkly smile and adornment of freckles. she wants that, badly, even, but it's not like she can just get pregnant while josh is across the world. making babies is a job for two.

but either way, she knows josh wants to do the 'right' thing and wait until they're married to have kids. he's told her before - while gazing into her eyes and playing with her fingers and whispering the pure hearted dreams he has for them.

"our kids will still be best friends , trust me," says mia with assurance to jenna's constant worrying. "just like us."

jenna smiles at that. a smile so gleaming and full of happiness that her crystal blue eyes seem to twinkle with the promise of a future. she reaches over the arm rest and grips mia's hand tightly.

"mrs. joseph?"

both girls look up attentively as a male nurse, seeming to be in his late twenties or early thirties, stands in the doorway of the waiting room with a clipboard in his hands.

"that's us," jenna chirps in her giddy, eager voice while standing up from the plastic chair, still holding on to mia's hand.

the nurse blinks with surprise at the gesture and quickly looks down at his clipboard. "oh, uh, mrs and mrs. joseph."

the blonde pregnant girl blushes, quickly dropping her friends hand. "oh, no, this is my best friend," she says for clarification and then puts her hands on her belly. "the baby's father is at work."

"my apologizes," laughs the nurse with a quick shake of his head. he waves both girls towards the hallway, "you can come this way."

the two girls are led into one of the sonogram rooms, and the first thing jenna does after sitting down on the bed-like table is give mia a straight faced, serious expression.

"call tyler."

"on it," hums the brunette in response while unlocking her phone and scrolling through her contacts. she clicks on tyler's and taps her finger on the facetime icon.