fourty three ; luke the doorman

NOT SURE HOW THIS LAME PIECE OF SHIT HAS 5K READS BUT WOW THANKS PALS I APPRECIATE YOU ALL K THATS IT HERE'S THE CHAPTER

-

mia is greeted on sunday afternoon with the doorman from the lobby holding a bouquet of red roses.

"hey, luke," she says with a smile after opening the door.

the middle aged man who on some occasions wears eyeliner and lipstick (he is today) returns her smile. "these came in for you," he says and hands her the flowers. luke the doorman loves two things ; paid vacations and knowing other people's business. not necessarily in that order.

mia looks at the neatly wrapped flowers and sees that there's a card, not that she's questioning who the sender is. although in high school her mom used to buy her flowers on valentine's day just to be cheesy, so if these roses aren't from who she thinks they are then her mom is her second guess.

"who's it from?" inquires luke, leaning against the hallway wall with a curious grin.

mia tries hard not to show how happy she is, which includes biting her lower lip. "someone..." she drawls out, giggling when luke tsks at her for more information. "my boyfriend."

he raises an on-fleek eyebrow. "the skinny tall guy who looks like a sad puppy?"

"no, that's tyler. jenna's fiancé," she shakes her head. she feels sort of bad because she knew exactly who luke was referring to when he said 'sad puppy'.

"right, right," luke waves his hand around dismissively. then, after a moment of pondering over all the faces he's seen his eyes widen with realization. "oh! so the one with weird hair and a cute butt is your boyfriend? with the arms that look they they were crafted by jesus christ himself?"

mia nods. "yep. that's josh."

luke gives her an impressed smile. "he is cute! like if i was into that cougar life, i would totally be into him."

"he's totally cute," agrees mia.

"well what are you guys doing tonight? c'mon, my love life is non existent, give me the details."

this is the part where mia has to explain that her and josh aren't doing anything because he's on the other side of the country. "oh, nothing."

luke tsks. "seriously, spill."

"josh is in a band," mia says. "and they're touring right now, so he won't be back until april."

he gives her a sad smile. "aw, sweetheart, i'm sorry. hey - at least he remembered to send you flowers, right?"

she nods. "right. thanks, luke."

"anytime. you keep me young," says the fabulous doorman while sighing and then putting his hands on his hips. "i gotta head back down, but it was nice talking to you, mia. tell jenna i said hi."

"will do," she promises and gives him a small wave. "see ya later, luke."

after closing the door, mia walks into the kitchen and sits down at the counter. she takes her phone out and checks the time.

maybe josh isn't busy, she thinks hopefully as she clicks on his contact name and makes a phone call.

it rings, and he doesn't answer. so she decides to leave him a message.

"hey, josh, it's me. i just got the flowers and they're so gorgeous, i love them. i know you're busy and stuff so i won't talk for too long. anyways, hope you have a good show tonight and i'll talk to you later, i guess. love you. okay, bye."

mia ends the call and then glances down at the small note card attached to the flowers.

to my favorite hello and hardest goodbye, i can't wait to see you again and give you a billion kisses. missing you. lots of love, yoshua

she groans at how cute josh is, and also at how she wishes she could just teleport to him right now and be with him. missing josh is not one of her favorite feelings.

"hey, jenna?" the brunette calls out as she gets up from the stool and walks down the hall.

"what?" she calls back.

mia walks into her room, watching as she does her makeup at her little vanity table with the lights on. "are you going somewhere?"

"just to taylor's house for a little bit," answers jenna. "you wanna come with?"

"nah, that's okay," she shakes her head and sits down at the foot of jenna's bed.

the blonde glances at her through the mirror. "oh, did those flowers from josh come in yet?"

mia raises an eyebrow. "yeah, how'd you know?"

"tyler," responds jenna with a grin. "he said josh was freaking out because he didn't know what you would like. did he end up sending the roses?"

mia nods.

"ugh, go be cute somewhere else," she groans and proceeds to throw an eyeshadow brush at mia.

"says the one who's getting married, but okay," laughs mia. "how does it feel to have your imaginary ship of like a year come to life?"

"pretty damn great, actually. you and josh are so good together," jenna says with a slow shake of her head.

the other girl absentmindedly glances down at her phone, looking at the lock screen picture. it's her kissing josh's cheek outside of the bar that he asked her out at, and in the picture josh's arms are wrapped around her waist and he's grinning his squinty eyed smile, mia's favorite.

"the lighting looks really good!" jenna had insisted as she held mia's phone up. tyler stood next to her with an amused smile playing at his lips.

mia sighed, because one-it was freezing outside, and two-she was tired.

josh had slid his arm around her waist and squeezed her side, making her jump. "ticklish?" he mused while laughing at her reaction.

"shut up!" grinned mia, hitting his shoulder. she wrapped her arms around his neck and played with the hair at the nape of his neck that peeked out from his snapback.

"okay, smile!" instructed miss photographer jenna.

mia had looked up and saw josh's broad grin, and that alone was enough to make anymore smile. "you're ridiculously cute," she told him, pressing her lips to his cheek.

jenna had taken a picture right at that moment, and it turned out to be one of mia's favorite pictures of herself, just because josh was there next to her.

just then, her phone starts ringing, and mia jump up from jenna's bed and answers the call.