thirty three ; pink gerbera daises

the first thing josh does when he wakes up is check his phone. he's not really surprised to see that mia, in fact, has not texted him. it's almost ten so he knows that she's not just sleeping, either. she's ignoring him.

and he kinda deserves it.

after getting out of bed he drags his feet to his best friend's room and plops himself down on tyler's bed, groaning loudly.

tyler, who's lounging around in bed on his phone, glances over at josh with an amused look on his face. "okay, what did you do?"

"fucked up," mumbles josh, laying face down on top of tyler's bed.

"care to explain?" tyler asks as he sits up a bit more to prepare himself to listen to josh's story.

josh rolls over onto his back and sighs heavily, staring up at the ceiling. "okay, so, when i got to her apartment, she had some random ass guy there."

"and?"

"and i didn't really like that," he says back, matter-of-a-factly. "so he left like a couple minutes after i got there, and i was like 'hmm okay school friend my ass' so i was kinda pissy and-"

tyler puts a hand up to stop josh from continuing. "okay, okay, wait. did she tell you he was a guy from school?"

josh nods. "yeah. 'said they were doing a project together or something."

"so why were you mad about that?"

"um, because it was almost ten at night and it just seems weird that she would have another guy over that late?" josh states in more of a 'duh' question form.

tyler rolls his eyes. "okay, keep going."

so he does, "right, so then i was just in a bad mood and mia asked me about it and i was like 'well yeah cause you just had another guy here' and then she told me that he was gay, and-"

"you're ridiculous," states his best friend. "if he's just a friend from class, and he's gay, why are you upset?"

josh groans with realization that tyler's completely right. "fuck," he mumbles, rubbing his face. "i dunno. i thought she was making up the gay thing so that i wouldn't think there was anything going on. and she was like 'do you think i'd do anything with another guy?' and i didn't even say anything."

tyler slowly shakes his head. "dude, you're fucked."

"i know," josh sighs heavily. "she hasn't texted me or anything."

"well good, i wouldn't either," says tyler as he glances back at his phone.

josh sits up a bit, looking at him incredulously. "dude!"

"what? you were being a jerk."

"i just don't like seeing her with other guys!" he says defensively.

tyler raises an eyebrow. "even the gay ones?"

josh decides that he can't really argue with that one. he looks down at his phone and frowns at the lack of a text from mia. "well d'you think that i should text her?"

"and do what? apologize?"

"that's the idea, yeah."

"no," tyler shakes his head. "you gotta do it in person."

"but i don't wanna wait till like three when she gets home," he frowns a bit.

the brunette boy hums in thought, fingers tapping against his phone. "i might have an idea, actually."

josh nods his head, telling him to keep talking.

"jenna told me that they were going to look at bridesmaids dresses," says tyler, scrolling through the texts between him and his fiancé. "at four."

"so, what, you think i should show up to the store?" asks josh sarcastically.

tyler grins at him. "exactly."

so that's how two guys end up in a dress shop.

jenna meets them at the front, an amused grin on her face. "she's so pissed at you," she tells josh, shaking her head slowly.

josh holds up the bouquet of flowers in his hands. pink gerbera daisies, mia's favorite. he wasn't about to half-ass this apology by not getting her favorite flowers. "yeah, that's kinda why i'm here."

the pretty blonde gestures them to follow her toward the back of the store that's lined with dressing rooms and has a few seats in the middle waiting area.

"she's changing," jenna tells him, nodding her head at one of the closed dressing room doors.

after a few minutes mia walks out, looking down at herself in the strapless champagne bridesmaid dress. "okay, i feel like my boobs are slaying the shit out of this dr--" she stops talking when she glances up, seeing josh standing there.

he grins at her. "they are."

mia doesn't say anything at first. not because she's planning on holding a grudge, but because it takes her a second to realize how cute the situation is. "what are you doing here?" she asks, already knowing the answer to her her own question.

"apologizing," he says, waving the bouquet of flowers.

mia nods expectantly. "okay, so do it."

josh sighs. "i'm sorry for acting like an idiot last night," he says, looking down a bit. he feels weird standing so far away from her so he closes off the distance between them. "i shouldn't have been rude to you like that, 'cause i do trust you. and i don't think you would be doing stuff with other guys. i was just jealous, that's all."

mia nods her head slowly and then she cracks a smile. "i guess i can forgive you," she drawls out playfully.

this makes josh sigh with relief. "thank god," he says and then kisses her forehead, his arms wrapping around her shoulders.

"what, did you think i would be mad forever?" she laughs.

"that was my worst case scenario thought, yeah."

"well i'm already over it," mia states, grinning.

josh grins back. "cool." then he holds out the flowers to her, "these are for you, by the way. i figured if my cute face wasn't convincing enough for you to forgive me, flowers might be."

"you're the biggest loser i've ever met."

"touché."