eighty one ; in which josh is moody

"are you mad at me?'

josh glances over at mia, lazily pulling out one of his earbuds. "what?"

"i asked if you were mad at me," repeats the dark haired girl while awkwardly shifting her weight from foot to foot. it's the last night of the european tour, and mia noticed that after twenty one pilot's set, josh went straight to the tour bus. he didn't even stop to hug and kiss her - which happened after every show. josh would be all sweaty but she never cared, she just wanted to tell him how good of a job he did. however, tonight he had just walked right by her, and now he's laying in his bunk.

"why would i be mad at you?" he shoots back, almost accusingly.

mia bites her bottom lip. "i-i don't know...you just walked off after the set, without saying anything. did i do something wrong?"

"no," he says. there's no tone to his voice, it's just a bland 'no'. one that gives mia zero insight as to what's going on.

"okay," she drawls out, still confused by his behavior. "well, is everything okay?"

josh nods and looks away from mia. his eyes are focused on his phone. "yeah. i don't see what the big deal is."

"you're usually not like this after a show, s'all. that's why i was wondering if maybe i had done something that upset you, y'know?"

"i said you didn't, so you didn't," he says back with an unusually harsh tone.

mia blinks, taken back. josh never talks to her like this, he's always sweet and happy and loving.

"okay. i'm uh, gonna go watch panic's set," mia replies quietly and takes a few steps back from josh's bunk.

he doesn't even look at her. "kay."

she shouldn't be walking away. she should be staying there, insisitng that josh tell her what the reason is behind his sudden change of mood. she should be talking to him.

however that's not what she does.

mia makes it back into the venue, ringing out her hands in front of her anxiously while padding down the long stretch of hallway. the echoes of harmonious voices bounce off the walls, filling her ears with brendon urie's voice and making her dissolve in the music.

tyler, who's standing in the doorway of his dressing room talking to one of the stagehands, spots mia walking towards the stage area and gives her a warm smile. "hey, did you find josh?"

she stops walking abruptly, suddenly taken out of her thoughts and brought into reality. "oh, uh, yeah. he's on the bus," replies mia with a jut of her thumb in the opposite direction.

"already?" asks tyler with disbelief, his brow frowning slightly.

mia runs her tongue along the smooth skin of her bottom lip. "mhm. i think he wanted to sleep or something, i'm not sure."

the singer glances back at the stagehand and gives him a 'i'll catch up with you later' look. when he returns his eyes to mia, he waves her into the dressing room and closes the door after she walks in.

"what happened?"

"y'know how he left right after the show without saying anything?" begins mia, sitting down on one of the ends of the grey couch.