twenty seven ; bae material

yoshua💕 : what are you doing later?

👑princess mia👑 : hold on let me check my social calendar

yoshua💕 : don't even pretend like you weren't planning on doing nothing

👑princess mia👑 : actually i have really important plans sorry

yoshua💕 : do these plans include you watching netflix by yourself?

👑princess mia👑 : yeah and i don't think i can reschedule sorry

yoshua💕 : can you move that super important thing to tomorrow?

👑princess mia👑 : depends for what

yoshua💕 : i thought maybe you could come over and i can cook you dinner or something

yoshua💕 : like a stay in date

👑princess mia👑 : gee idk...

👑princess mia👑 : i've had these netflix plans for a while

yoshua💕 : come over at six loser

👑princess mia👑 : alright

mia shows up at the apartment at seven.

being on time has never been her strongest suit, clearly.

"sorry i'm late," she says after kissing josh hello after he opens the door for her. her fingers work quick on the zipper of her coat and before she can pull it off, josh is doing it for her.

"s'okay," he tells her. "i was actually hoping you'd get here now, but i knew if i told you seven then you'd get here at eight."

"smart boy," she grins and watches him put her coat on a hanger in the closet. the apartment smells like food, which means that josh was serious about cooking her dinner.

he turns back around and kisses her forehead. "you look really nice," he says, because she does.

mia smiles a bit and follows him into the kitchen. "thanks." she's wearing a low cut, long sleeved red blouse with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans.

"alright," josh hums under his breath while checking on the food. "so i made pasta and chicken, 'cause i figured that's the easiest to not fuck up," he explains.

mia pulls her bottom lip between her teeth in thought. "you really cooked me dinner?"

he grins and gets out two plates from the cupboard. "mhm. total bae material, right?"

she can't help but laugh at how much of a dork josh is, and how much she loves that about him. she watches him make them both plates and then follows him to the table to eat.

"y'know," he says after a few quiet moments. "i think we should make this a thing."

mia glances at him with confusion. "make what a thing?"

"this," repeats josh. "me cooking you dinner. it's kinda nice, right?"

"it's really nice," she grins and twists her fork around the pasta. "you're actually pretty decent at cooking."

he scoffs defensively, putting a hand up to his heart. "are you saying you thought i wouldn't be?"

"no, i just wasn't aware that you could cook," says mia. "this is the first time that we haven't just gone out to chipotle."

"well i have many different talents, princess mia," he muses while wiggling his eyebrows, a cheeky grin on his lips.

mia makes a both amused and confused face. "was that supposed to be suggestive?"

josh frowns in thought, looking down before glancing back up mia. "kinda. maybe. i don't know. i didn't really think that through," he laughs, rubbing the back of his neck.

"you're so tragically cute," mia giggle and nudges his foot under the table.

"mh, thanks babe," says josh after swallowing a bite of chicken. "you're kinda cute yourself."

her smile turns into a pout. "only kinda?"

josh sets his fork down and then leans over, placing a kiss on the crown of her head. "kidding. you're super cute. and also really hot."

"shut up," she grins while her cheeks blush scarlet. once they're finish eating they decide to watch netflix in josh's room.

josh sits at the foot of his bed with the remote in his hand, searching through different movies and tv shows. "what d'you wanna watch?"

"literally anything," she answers while rifling through his drawers for a pair of sweatpants and a shirt to wear so they can get all cuddly without jeans getting in the way.

he tsks with annoyance and tilts his head to the side. "babe."

"hmm?"

"that doesn't help," he tells her. "give me suggestions."

mia turns around, josh's clothes in her hands. "okay, what about a scary movie?"

josh chuckles a bit. "i thought you didn't like scary movies?"

"i just get scared easily," she admits with a small shrug. "but if i'm watching it with you then i'll be fine."

he grins, the cute irresistible smile that makes his eyes all squinty. "scary movie it is, then," says the nodding boy while he scrolls through the horror movie category. "you can change in the bathroom, if you want."

"m'kay," mia smiles and then leaves his room to go change. his teeshirt is almost a dress on her and his sweatpants are baggier than intended, but his clothes are hella comfy and smell like him, so she really can't complain.

she leaves her shirt and jeans in a pile on the floor when she comes back to his bedroom and sees that he's now laying under the covers.

"you have no idea how much i love seeing you in my clothes," josh says with a grin, slowly shaking his head. he left the side of his bed that's against the wall empty because he knows if mia's on the outside she gets all fidgety.

she sticks her tongue out at him and then crawls up to lay down next to him. "so what movie did you choose?" she asks while getting comfy.

"some random 'family-moves into-a-haunted-house' cliche," he answers and then wraps his arm around mia's shoulder so that she's curled up to his side. after pressing the play button on the remote he sighs contently and flickers his gaze to the tv.

the only downside to cuddling with mia is that josh gets so comfy that he can never stay awake. which is proven true when not even twenty minutes into the movie, he falls asleep.