eighty two ; drinks

PSA : BLACK IS A FUCKING SHADE OF BRUNETTE NO ONE'S HAIR IS NATURALLY JET BLACK YES MIA HAS 'BLACK' HAIR YES SHE ALSO HAS BRUNETTE HAIR IT LOOKS BLACK BUT IS ACTUALLY JUST VERY VERY DARK BROWN THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE'S HAIR IS WHEN IT LOOKS BLACK

now that we've got that out of the way enjoy a v intense chapter

øøøø🌸💜🌸øøøø

"sing us a song, you're the piano man! sing us a song tonight!" screams a very much intoxicated brendon, a broad grin adorning his lips as he wraps his arm around patrick's shoulder and belts the words to the song playing over the speakers.

mia watches with giggles slipping from
her lips. the group is sort of laid out all over the bar - sitting at the booth tables or standing and swaying incoherently to the music. she glances down at her empty cup and decides to get another drink.

after sliding out from the booth, the brunette walks over to the counter and plops down on one of the stools, absentmindedly tapping her fingers against the wood surface while waiting for the bartender's attention.

"what're you drinking, gorgeous?" asks a man who can't be that much older than mia - probably late twenties. he's with a couple of other guys, his friends, presumably, and is gazing at mia with an interested smirk.

mia glances down at her empty glass and then back at the man. "something with fireball whisky in it, i think," she hiccups before breaking into another round of giggles.

"let me buy you another drink," he drawls, leaning towards her on his elbows.

her better judgement, even when intoxicated, tells her not to accept drinks from total strangers. especially not ones who have the glimmer of bad intentions in their eyes.

she shakes her head, reaching for her license. "n-no, s'okay, i'm twenty one, see? i can buy my own drinks."

the man lets out a low laugh. "that's real cute, baby. say - did you come here by yourself? a girl as gorgeous as you shouldn't be left alone."

"nope!" mia smiles warmly and gestures to the mess of band members and crew guys. "those are my friends. it's our last night in europe, so we're celebrating!"

"hm, that's nice. so are any of them your boyfriend?"

she giggles. his question isn't funny, but she giggles anyways. "oh, i'm engaged," she says shyly, like a little kid telling a secret, and holds up her left hand.

he frowns slightly at the ring. "what kind of engagement ring is that?"

"i'm his princess," says the dark haired girl with a small, upset pout. "his princess mia. that's our thing."

"is he here?" asks the stranger.

mia shakes her head. "no, he didn't want to come with me. he said some mean things."

he tsks with pity and tilts his head sympathetically. "and what'd he say to you, sweetheart?"

"said i'm clingy cause we had sex, and i guess i don't give him enough space. i dunno. but he's just stressed cause we've been traveling a lot," she shakes her head as if excusing josh's actions.