thirty eight ; double date dye discussion

"june third," jenna states after looking down at her phone for clarification of the date. "that's the wedding date."

"that's like..four months away," mia says, wondering how jenna and tyler are gonna put a wedding together in that amount of time when tyler won't even be there for most of it.

jenna shrugs. "yeah, it'll be fine. the planning part is almost done, anyways."

"so what do i have to do?" asks tyler with a raised eyebrow while taking a bite out of his slice of pizza.

the blonde grins at him. "meet me at the alter."

mia dramatically cooes. "you guys are so cute it kills me," she teases.

a smirk plays at the corners of tyler's lips and he lets out a soft exhale of a laugh. "shut up," he murmurs with blushing cheeks.

"oh! i just remembered something," jenna swipes her finger down the screen of her phone. she begins talking to tyler about the place settings, and while they go back and forth on that mia glances at josh.

"why are you so quiet?" she inquires, gently nudging his foot under the table.

he shakes his head. "i dunno, just listening to you guys talk, i guess," he goes back to drinking orange soda out of a tall glass.

mia knows that josh isn't being dismissive or avoidant. if he was, he would tell her, which is something that she appreciates about him. "okay," she says back with a small smile.

josh tugs at the tuff of red hair peeking out from his grey beanie. "we'll probably have to dye it again soon."

"we?" she repeats incredulously. "what makes you think i'm gonna help you with it again? last time it was a mess."

"yeah but a super fun mess," grins josh.

tyler glares at him. "the red paint still hasn't come out of the cabinets."

"okay, it's like one tiny little dot of red."

"that's not even remotely close, but okay," says the brunette boy while staring at josh with a bored expression at his lame attempt to make it seem like him and mia didn't trash the bathroom when dying josh's hair red.

"i think we should do pink," josh suggests, changing the subject of his questionable hair dye mess. 

jenna gasps excitedly. "yes!"

"no," both mia and tyler say at the same time.

this makes josh pout pleadingly. "why not? i think it'll look sick."

"it would," agrees tyler. "but you're not gonna make our bathroom look like someone vomited pepto-bismol."

jenna waves her hand dismissively at her fiancé. she looks at josh, "you can do it at our place."

"so are you planning on paying the damage fee for the bathroom, or?" mia asks expectantly to her blonde best friend.

"it won't make a mess," insists josh.